The Diesel Garage banner

Few questions

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  SparkyLV 
#1 ·
So I think I will have my ford 6oh sold here fairly soon and found a nice dodge.

It is completely stock and I had a few questions, still trying to learn as much as I can.

Will the sport head lights work on a truck that is a non sport model?

Do these truck come with a factory limited slip or posi?

And what is the maximum boost on these trucks, i ask this because i want to get the proper range boost pressure gauge.

Thank you
Steve

#2 ·
i can get my boost up to thirty six with an edge chip and bhaf intake so i would go with a 40 or 45 psi gauge mine is on my edge monitor

#3 ·
limited slip came with the 4.10 gear ratio not the 3.56 unless it was ordered with the 3.56 limited slip. the most boost I could get when it was stock was 25lbs. head lights where the same.

#7 ·
Headlights on the 99+ Sports are differnet, however 94-98 Sports are the same...Its the same with the bumper and grilles...you can take a 98 Sport Grille and it will direct bolt perfect fit on say a 01, but if you take a 01 Sport Grille it will not fit the same b/c of the difference in headlights and bumper..

As for boost stock head bolts can hold 55psi, if your constantly hitting 55+ then she probably wont hold that long...If your going on a Stock Turbo the 35 is the max that is going to help you...everything after that is just hot air blowing...

Nate

#5 ·
Moderators:

What happened to my reply to this post? I spent a LOT of time and effort to post the reply and now its gone.

#9 ·
When my post gets put back EXACTLY where and as it was.......perhaps I'll be back. After all of my previous posts being trash canned after the server hacking, I am NOT real happy about having even more posts deleted, "lost" or whatever. I spent over an hour posting a LOT of information, web links and pictures covering the converting non-sport trucks to sport headlights. :nunu:

This is in NO way directed at Mike. Mike has done an OUTSTANDING job as moderator here.

#10 ·
just a quick thought here... are you going to add a chip/programmer to the truck? If so I would just get a edge juice with attitude and be money ahead by the time your done, and also less work installing it all. But thats just my opinion. I would say don't let the trans get much over the 220 range. But the dummy light in the dash comes on at 250.. I know this because I had a few tranny issues... Hope this helps.

#13 ·
L M C sells a very nice looking euro headlight. it's alot brighter and looks like the sport. i have a set in my truck and really like the way they look. you dont have to change any wireing, add bulbs or relay's to install them. (im sure that is what live oak posted for you) i would put up some pictures of mine but i dont have that technology available. (that is why i still have a 2 year old picture of my truck with the hood up in my avatar)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.