·
1,445 Posts
thanks for the info really impresive

·
343 Posts
Good info! Appreciate the post.

·
304 Posts
Nice write-up Pstrang! It's a lot of work and the community will appreciate this (I know, I do a lot of this for my day job).

Let me know if you plan to make any revisions to the document. I plan to map out the injector drive path a little further this time. FYI, the boost converter circuit schematic in the writeup is not accurate... it's good enough for the weekend warrior as a visual reference but if you plan to do any probing/modification do realize it is not hooked up this way. I believe I posted a schematic awhile back. If your curious, wikipedia even dabbles in analog power design. The link at
shows a basic schematic and operating principles. The one item not shown on this page is your 5 mOhm resistor... it would sit right where you've drawn it (below the switch) and is used to sense current.

I just picked up a Fiero to drive this summer so I can tear down my truck. It's time to do injectors and a few other projects (maybe a 2005+ front-end coil spring conversion). My marginally bad injector has officially become a completely shot injector. One of the items on my list is to pull my 7-screw FICM back out, take it to work and run some load tests. I will also have access to a thermal camera, so I might be able to get some very interesting video!

Brad

·
444 Posts
Sure, I'm willing to revise the document. Any feedback or additions to the document are welcome. PM me your changes and I'll get another draft completed.

·
HELLBILLY
16 Posts
outstanding post! my trucks been down for almost a month now, seen this thread and thought i'd give it a try before spending $500+. 2.5 hours later my babies alive! thx for the detailed pics! i highly recommend these DIY fixes to anyone having FICM issues. Thx again, saved my *** on this one!

·
444 Posts
Hey, that's great news! Thanks, and Congrats!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts