The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this sight but not to the 6.0. I have an sct x3 and one thing I don't like about it is when I set cruise. If you start going up a small hill the truck over fueles and speeds up a couple mph. Then it slows down a couple mph under where I originally set it. I like the extra power but I like being able to use cruise. I am thinking that if I just used a ficm tune instead I won't have this problem. I am thinking about sending it in and getting the ficm 40 from php. Who is running a ficm tune out there and what do you all think ? The truck is just a little too sluggish stock for my liking.

·
1,324 Posts
I am new to this sight but not to the 6.0. I have an sct x3 and one thing I don't like about it is when I set cruise. If you start going up a small hill the truck over fueles and speeds up a couple mph. Then it slows down a couple mph under where I originally set it. I like the extra power but I like being able to use cruise. I am thinking that if I just used a ficm tune instead I won't have this problem. I am thinking about sending it in and getting the ficm 40 from php. Who is running a ficm tune out there and what do you all think ? The truck is just a little too sluggish stock for my liking.
I run a custom tow tune via my SCT and have Atlas 40 in my FICM. Check out Ed at ficmrepair.com. Great guy.

My truck will lock and climb very nice with no downshifting.

Recommended you monitor EGT's with a pyrometer in the exhaust manifold. I stay below 1200 and have to keep an eye on it since towing it will stay locked up. I will ease off and let it downshift and all is good. My exhaust is basically stock and I'm not willing to shell out 700$ for an exhaust.

Highly recommend the Atlas 40. You want a custom SCT tune just in case your using the canned ones that came with it.

Reactions: MT KingRanch

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have a pyrometer so I'll watch the temps. I think I will give the ficm 40 a try

Reactions: Weld engineer

·
1,324 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Yea I got on there and it looks like they have some pretty satisfied customers. Good to know

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My ficm is on its way to get the atlas40. Power Hungry told me that my sct problems I'm having is pretty much due to poor tuning and they can make me some tunes I'll be satisfied with. So I also got them to make me a 40 tow tune and a. 65 daily driver. Looking forward to getting my ficm back so I can try it all out. They have certainly been great to deal with thus far.

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I got my ficm back and I also got a 65 hp daily driver and a 40 tow for the sct. All I can say is awesome. I am so much happier with their tuning than innovativediesel. Innovative told me that my problems were just inherent to programming and that everyone that is running tunes has these problems. They said its normal when you come off cruise for the truck to really jerk. Well, that sort of nonsense it's normal with power hungry performance. I love the ficm 40 in conjunction with my sct now. All the problems I had are gone and I love how smooth the truck is running. Good power and no more surging when it's on cruise. I'm a super happy and satisfied customer and will recommend them to others.

·
274 Posts
PHP really does seem to have a handle on how to make a clean no issues tune. I have the griffon tuner with all 4 FICM tunes and a rollback. 80 hp setting and rollback was ***** cat tame, but amazing acceleration and no downshifting(unless you hit a real hill, or floored it.) smooooth shifting too.

·
51 Posts
Just ordered an SCT X4 from Ed today to go with my Atlas 40 ficm, asked him about a Garrett Powermaxx in the future, he told me I'd better try the tow tune with his Atlas40 first, said I will like it. also told me to disable the egr valve and enable the Jake Brake feature when loading the tow tune. I don't think I need to worry about the egr since mine is bolted into a BPD blocked off EGR cooler anyway.
Am excited to try it in a few days.:rock

·
1,324 Posts
You have an upgraded exhaust so it should be fine but still might be a good idea. I'm running stock minus the kitty. My pyro will stay right at 1200 when pulling so I have to watch it. I don't let it go over that amount for any length of time. I gained 2 mpg pulling my travel trailer vs. without it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts