The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone installing the rails in the factory positioned bed bolt holes? That position is absolutely perfect for fifth wheel rail installation according to the hitch manufacturers. I've been advised not to use these. But any other hole position using aftermarket brackets will place the hitch too far forward or backward. Is it just a coincidence that Ford placed the bed bolts right where the rails are supposed to be?

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rail Install

Upon further investigation it became apparent that Reese advises using the Ford bed bolt positions. However Reese also says that additional bolt holes be drilled to afix the sides of the rails in addition to two bolts along the rail's center portion. This keeps the hitch in their prescribed position in the bed. Valley on the other hand moves the rails one inch toward the rear and bypasses the bed bolt holes. So I guess the answer is that it depends on the hitch manufacturer. I would still like to hear from someone who has used the Reese rails. Thanks for your input.

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went ahead and purchased the Reese brackets that bolt onto the F-350 frame. The rails fit directly over the factory bed bolts but are attached before and aft of that position to the Reese bracket.

F

·
0 Posts
I have used the Reese rails on 2 trucks, noth 2001 F350's. The man that installed both placed them exactly where the factory indentions are.

·
324 Posts
If you know anyone who needs a gooseneck plate for the reese rail system let me know, I have one sittin' around collecting dust

1 - 6 of 6 Posts