The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
Air 30K
Oil - when the DIC says about 15% I do an oil change...seems about 7500 miles
Fuel - when the DIC says 10% or 10K miles whichever comes first.
trans - 10K miles

·
236 Posts
I like,,
Fuel- 10k
oil -5k
trans- 15k
air-30k +/- usually depending on operational conditions. (hwy vrs. dusty jobsites)

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
just changed oil/fuel/trans tonight, DIC on oil was at 0% LOL, DIC on fuel was 35%, i never even thought to keep track of mileage, but i think i will be changing them all at the same time from now on, just makes sense to change them all at once, the air filter i havn't even had this truck for 30K miles, but i have already changed the air filter once, and the filter minder is still in the green and going strong :thumbsup

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Air; Never (K&N) Clean it once a year.
Oil; 10K
Fuel; 15K
Trans; 25K

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what do you mean by "set at"? You can set these options or is that some factory default?
Factory default. The DIC uses percentages of those mileages.

So when the oil is at 50%, assuming you reset it, you have 5K miles on that oil.

·
1,409 Posts
Oil is done every 5-7k, when it's convenient. Fuel is every other oil change. Clean my air filter about 2X per year. Manual tranny has no filter :) Every oil change I lube the front end and check front/rear diffs. and Xfer case fluids.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
I let the trans go to 25K before changing.

I put transynd in it shortly after buying. I didn't see the tranny temps drop quite like I thought they would. May go back to the stock stuff when I dump the fluid at 45K.

They told me transynd was good for 40K miles.

·
182 Posts
I clean my airfilter when needed.

I change oil every 5k with Rotella dino oil.

Trans filter is every other oil change (just the spin on) at $9 per filter I might start changing it every oil change b/c I'm not easy on my trans.

Fuel filter is every 5k-10k depending on how the truck is running.

You should be able to go more then 40,000 on transyd. It is suposed to extend the change intervals in the allison depending on how you drive/use your trans. Who told you only 40,000 miles?

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
I clean my airfilter when needed.

I change oil every 5k with Rotella dino oil.

Trans filter is every other oil change (just the spin on) at $9 per filter I might start changing it every oil change b/c I'm not easy on my trans.

Fuel filter is every 5k-10k depending on how the truck is running.

You should be able to go more then 40,000 on transyd. It is suposed to extend the change intervals in the allison depending on how you drive/use your trans. Who told you only 40,000 miles?
Nobody told me 40,000 miles. I was told 50,000 miles by allison tech that put the transynd in in the first place, but I'm going to do it in 40-45K because of local towing, stop/go, etc.

I always change somewhat before the end of the change interval to play it safe. I toss a new spin-on on the ally every other oil change.

·
3,939 Posts
Air (S&B): cleaned once a year
Oil: Twice yearly, usually @ 7500 miles
Trans: With oil filter
Fuel: With oil filter

I buy from Merchant or locally.

·
182 Posts
Nobody told me 40,000 miles. I was told 50,000 miles by allison tech that put the transynd in in the first place, but I'm going to do it in 40-45K because of local towing, stop/go, etc.

I always change somewhat before the end of the change interval to play it safe. I toss a new spin-on on the ally every other oil change.
50,000 miles just seemed a bit soon with the so called extended change intervals.

I do understand wanted to be on top of it when using it for towing and other harsh conditions.

I run transyd in mine. Filled it up when I rebuilt the trans. I'm not easy on my truck by anymeans and I have already drained the pan and refilled with some fresh transyd about 17,000 miles after the rebuild. Haven't touched it sense. The truck has been down the strip 100+ times and has been hooked to a sled 3 times. The fluid was starting to turn dark so thats why I did the drain and fill.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts