The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still can't fathom how cool a truck like this would be. I caught it on TDS, and it sounds like a nice little toy! The firewall got cut & the donor IH 'S' series truck's little dog house cover went in there. The rotary injector pump got yanked & put in a 270hp Bosch inline(MW I believe)pump & injectors. Also used an intercooler off a 91-93 Dodge. This is the only shot I have, more if I get 'em.

Attachments

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Great job!!! :Thumbup:

Can we get him over here? He needs to be interrogated. LOL

I need to find out where he got the 270 pump. :poke:

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got more pictures yesterday.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's more:

Attachments

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
FORD oughta buy it from him, study it, build a prototype, and get on with making the DT466 the newest motor for the Superduty.

I know....I know.....quit dreaming....

·
TDG Member Since 2004?
584 Posts
All the pictures seem to be coming across as multi-colored poo... But I just realized this post is a year old!

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fixed the pix for everyone, I didnt re-load them last year when we went to the new browser.

·
4,158 Posts
Wow that an old ford, but is probably a nice truck with that engine in it.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
I used to argue with this jackass engineer "expert" on the "other site" that a DT466 would fit in an F-350 and he always insisted it wouldn't.

With a little reverse engineering, Ford & IH could roll thousands of them off the assembly line.

The only thing missing is a turbo. I was surprised to see it was an N/A DT466

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
I am damned SURE the TRUCK owners would "deal" with a small dog-house to get the 466 in a Ford F-3/4/550

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd be thinking of the dog house in a positive way, it would make some nice cup holders.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
nevrenufhp said:
I'd be thinking of the dog house in a positive way, it would make some nice cup holders.
I am damned SURE the TRUCK owners would "deal" with a small dog-house to get the 466 in a Ford F-3/4/550

I couldn't have said it better!!

Here it is in the '08 F-Series brochure

Ford Option package code 466: 300HP DTA466E-includes center mounted removeable doghouse with 2 cupholders, dashboard diner, pop up navigation screen & 1000 watt power inverter, twin alternators, dual oil filters and gear driven power steering pump

Boy, you'd really have to twist my arm but....OK!! I'll take it!!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Duke said:
...The only thing missing is a turbo. I was surprised to see it was an N/A DT466
theres a turbo, tiny little bugger but its there

·
4,158 Posts
I think this is it, see the intercooler line comes off the outlet and the air intake, see the air filter.

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's when they used the tiny little ones that would barely power a Honda. It does have a turbo, I assure you.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
I didn't even see that picture. I only saw the 2 at the top of the thread. Yeah, looks like a teeny turbo. What the heck good is that thing gonna do? :squish

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is a progress pic of an F250 with a Cummins 8.3 (6CT)

The other one is what needs to be on a DT466! Hint Hint Duke!:poke:

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tiny Turbo Is S300 270hp Replacement

There Is A S300 Turbo In Behind Heater Box. Box Had To Be Slighty Modified. Makes About 25psi Boost

1 - 20 of 40 Posts