The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after finally figuring out what went wrong with my truck. dealer claimed it needed a turbo, 8 injectors, and a wire harness. Not to mention a tranny that was running hot and not shifting. I took it to another shop to said it just needed a computer. Well in the process found out the truck had a diablo chip in it, which fired and caused all the problems. So after a reflash the truck is running great. Tranny and motor.

So before I got another chip or tuner. (TRUCK IS A SLUG NOW!!!!!!!!!!!) Can't haul 2 tons in the bed and then tow the skid loader. With out it almost stalling.

I got a set of gauges from ITPDIESEL.com Pryo, tranny and boost. Than only was to much of a pain in the butt to install. (no shop, laying outside in the 100 degree heat on gravel.

Also while under the truck, we came to realize after this winter the truck needs to get the pan replaced and get stainless headers and exaust. DAMN SALT!!!!!!!!! But spreading salt is where I make the big bucks $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Any suggestion on who makes a stainless exaust for a cab and chassic F-350, I found a place that sells the stainless headers.

Now I just got to put a call into jody at DP turner so my truck isn't a slug anymore.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Glad ya got a second opinion!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Get a 4" MBRP 304 Stainless steel. LIPD or ITP sells them, even if it is for the cab and chass.....409 is cheeper but not as pretty. Pretty is better!!! LOL

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
T-304 is the highest grade of stainless steel that is used in most aftermarket exhaust systems. It is non-ferrous, which means it does not contain iron. As we all know iron rusts. Instead, T-304 has a higher concentration of chromium and nickel. T-304 is basically impervious to corrosion. A good way to test the grade of a stainless steel is to place a magnet up against it. If it doesn’t stick to the metal, it is non-ferrous. If it sticks it has some degree of iron in it and is prone to rusting. T-304 is harder than T-409 and consequently is more difficult to form on the mandrel bending machines. T-304 is the specified grade of stainless steel for most food service, pharmaceutical, hospital, and medical facilities, as well as the grade of choice for most race car exhaust systems. T-409 does have some degree of iron in it. It is a better grade of stainless steel than the stainless steel used in most OEM exhaust systems (if equipped), but it will turn brown/gray and is prone to getting rust spots over time. This is especially true if placed in service in Northern climates where salt is used on the roads during the Winter months.

T-304 is the way to go!

·
6,337 Posts
I am very happy with my 409... And Kyle... stay away from my gauge threads... LOL

·
6,337 Posts
:watchout :snipersmilie: :snipersmilie: :snipersmilie: :snipersmilie: :snipersmilie: :laugh_explode:

·
Registered
506 Posts
You idiots....There are enough threads for both of you....now kiss and make up....stop getting all the guns out of the Hideout Joe...those are for Family business only...Stop shooting at Kyle and go make some more shoes!!! LOL

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
cdiesel said:
You idiots....There are enough threads for both of you....
:****happens

cdiesel said:
now kiss and make up....
:damnit NO WAY! I don't know where his tounge has been latley! :sofa

cdiesel said:
stop getting all the guns out of the Hideout Joe...those are for Family business only...
:40oz :gun:I know how to use them :smoke:

cdiesel said:
Stop shooting at Kyle and go make some more shoes!!! LOL
:shrug: :loser Must have missed that chat session :sofa

·
Registered
506 Posts
:shrug: :loser Must have missed that chat session :sofa[/QUOTE]
Ya know Kyle....shoes..big heavy shoes...for the Family...the kind you don't want to go swimming with the fish in?........?..........?....!!!LOL:mafia

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
cdiesel said:
Ya know Kyle....shoes..big heavy shoes...for the Family...the kind you don't want to go swimming with the fish in?........?..........?....!!!LOL:mafia

Ahhh….Concrete Shoes. I see…I’m a little slow these days…….

you mean like these, cheesey but you get the point

1 - 11 of 11 Posts