The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I popped my first CEL yesterday. It turned out to be the P2000 code. So they went ahead and reflashed it with the new AX Code and man, what a difference. I drove it about a hundred miles this morning and averaged about three miles to the gallon better than I have since I bought the truck. It also seems to run smoother and have more power. Like was said in an earlier thread, " I am finally proud of my trucks mileage! ". We'll see how she holds up for as far as poppin the CEL.

·
Registered
168 Posts
maybe thats what ours needs. our dealer is stupid though. it needed 6 injectors. i told them that, and they replaced 3 the cat and the dpf, told me i didn't know what i was talking about.....picked it up drove it out of their driveway, turned around and pulled it right back in for service again. guess what all 6 had to be replaced this time.......and another cat and dpf and a trubo...
while i was in getting the service write up i heard a guy on the phone calling a customer and telling him, "sir, the poping you hear when you let off the accellerator is normal with the drive by wire system" i was like b.s. if i pay 50k for a truck, it better not make popping noises......i just know i have to watch those morons there. uh....we need a better dodge dealer.

good luck our other 6.7 is goin great. hope it stays that way.

DT
and it just went back intoday for a CEL. but its running fine this time.....i just don't want it to cause issues.

they probally need to reflash this one.......

·
643 Posts
I think every new engine package needs a year or two to get every little bugs out and also get the mechanic at every dealer really up to date! The good point is that nobody got a major engine failure so far, every problems seems to turn around the electronics , DPF and all that crap. I`m an happy owner too since I got the latest updates! Fuel economy went skyrocking !!!:cheering

1 - 3 of 3 Posts