The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Splurged a bit today on some parts for my truck
Sinister diesel EGR Delete with intake elbow
Sinister diesel Imtercooler charge pipe (passenger side)
Ford Upfitter switch kit (since mine came with out it)
Ford Autodimming rear view mirror with compass and out side temp
Redundant radio controls for steering wheel
LED strip to do some footwell lighting
SMD LEDs to re do the cluster (swapping from the green lights to blue)
And HID headlight
Lol gotta love the army's yearly clothing allowance being out to good use lol

·
GTO JOHN
41 Posts
Rear view Mirror

Just wondering where you purchased the rear view mirror Ford? Do you have a part # & price. Thanks

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it on eBay for $75. I can try and get u a link to the seller I got it from thay had several available easy install 4 wores
Positive from truck to mirror,
Negative from truck to mirror
2 wires from the mirror to the outside temp sensor

·
GTO JOHN
41 Posts
Sensor info

Thanks for the info. So the wires for the temp get hooked up to the trucks wiring? or is it run to the exterior & you have a temp sensor at the end of it, I have purchased 1 before & the temp sensor stopped working & would get hot from the heat from the truck, I couldnt find a good spot to put it without picking up heat! Thanks for the great help

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The one I used came with mirror, temp sensor, pig tale for mirror, and a pig tale for the sensor, only wores from the truck you need is an ignition we switched positive, (used the one from my radio) a ground, both to the mirror. Then 2 wores run from the mirror directly to the sensor (external don't tap into the trucks woreing at all for that part. I mounted mine by simply zip tiring it to the crash sensor on the passenger side behind the grill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts