The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just bought and installed the flashpaq 1805 using the economy program. My question is, what are my chances of having head gasket failure or like issues? The truck is bone stock, and I don't really hammer on the truck. Any feedback is really appreciated! Thanks!

Derek

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
i would say using the truck like you say you are...your no more likely to blow a gasket than a bone stock truck (but it Can happen stock too) ....you should be fine! ive got intake, exhaust, run high perf. files and even spray propane every now and then on stock bolts and gaskets

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks for the input. That makes me feel better about having it installed. I definitely notice a big difference even in the low rpm range where I feel it was most needed. Thanks again!

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
no prob!

·
172 Posts
I'm also using the Flashpaq on the Economy setting. Good low end power and no smoke! Prolly one of the safer units out there!! :Thumbup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On another note, has anyone noticed having extra hard cold starts (struggles to stay running for a min) with the flashpaq installed? It seems to happen in the colder temps under 30 deg F. Just curious if this is just me or a common issue. Thanks again for everyones imput.

Derek

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
i have an sct and ive noticed that it doesnt really idle as hard as it used to..but it does rev up really high when it turns over

1 - 7 of 7 Posts