The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stumped,engine fan still stays on I've already changed sending unit,air solenoid,I'm thinking it might be relay but have no idea which it is because half the them are not labeled....for now i have air lines plumbed direct....any ideas?

·
The other guy
3,936 Posts
I know one of the switches on dryer work's fan but does it have power even if a/c or defroster is not on?
Nope. Hook everything up rite then start unplugging stuff til it quites. That's the problem ;) (sender or air valve, unless overide is stuck on from the dash)

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope. Hook everything up rite then start unplugging stuff til it quites. That's the problem ;) (sender or air valve, unless overide is stuck on from the dash)
Changed both(sender and air valve)and still stay's on,any chance it can be my relay? only reason I say that is because after i replaced sender and started truck it, fan stayed off for about 5 minutes, then fan engaged and wont turn off after that it just stay's on.....I hate to think that i got a bad sender ,It was a pain to get to.(Cat C15)

·
The other guy
3,936 Posts
Changed both(sender and air valve)and still stay's on,any chance it can be my relay? only reason I say that is because after i replaced sender and started truck it, fan stayed off for about 5 minutes, then fan engaged and wont turn off after that it just stay's on.....I hate to think that i got a bad sender ,It was a pain to get to.(Cat C15)
Oh oh!!! A C15 has a normally closed system, not an open. Different story there. Yes, you may have gotten a bad sender. You can run switching with it with Cat ET and check it (unless it's a stand-alone like Freightliner). Keep poking at it. It's a simple system, just backwards from normal. You'll get it!! ;)

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow,that's a new one on me.I hadn't even thought about checking it thinking there was no power at send unit as long as ac/def was off....thanks I'll check it out....Also found out my Horton fan clutch is leaking air so I'll be replacing it .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts