this is about as much flex I can get out of the ol rig

·
361 Posts
dude, i love your freakin truck

Reactions: harleystroker

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
looks good. surprised you couldnt get it up higher.

i think i had about 33"+ under the tire with the other 3 still on the ground.

Garrett

·
1,060 Posts
Did you keep your sway bars on to simulate your flexibility? on level ground remove bolts to sway bar and try again...

·
1,060 Posts
:eek: Mine reacts about the same as Harley Stroker's when I drive up/down an incline I am sure if I were to simply lift the rear tire as you have I would have a similar situation. if I drop my sway bars I get more flex out of it driving up/down inclines.

·
TDG MAFIA
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't want to bend anything. The truck could have gone more I just didn't want to risk it

·
1,060 Posts
I think I might un-hook my sway bars today for some pics if I get a bit of time latter.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
that last pic actually shows the right rear off the ground. the traction bars definitely took away from the flex in the rear. they will be getting redesigned.

Garrett

·
1,060 Posts
Well the sway bars are on my grarge floor today, took my buddy out to show him how to pick lines with the truck he just bought off me. It gave me an excuse to flex it, the only thing holding me back now are the shocks are too short to let it drop all the way if I would have had a tool or two I would have left them on the ground.:rock

Attachments

·
1,060 Posts
just a few other pictures from the same trip

Attachments

·
1,060 Posts
A couple more

Attachments

·
1,060 Posts
another

Attachments

·
415 Posts
Instead of removing the entire sway bar, simply remove one end link from the bar and tie it out of the way.

·
2,106 Posts
Sway bars still attached, bone stock suspension, and I believe the truck was on 33's this day.

Won't be doin it in that truck anymore, got stolen a month ago...

edit: it might be the 35's actually...

Attachments

·
1,060 Posts
Sway bars still attached, bone stock suspension, and I believe the truck was on 33's this day.

Won't be doin it in that truck anymore, got stolen a month ago...

edit: it might be the 35's actually...
Sorry to hear about your truck:swear but that is a pretty good picture. I wanted to get mine out and play a bit as the red Toyota was going to be a project crawler rig for me. I never really took it out to any real trails till that day :eek:wned and it was not mine anymore so I couldn't get too crazy. But we did put the full marlin crawler trans to use. I am glad I can feel like I have played with the ford while I still have it. another month or two and the mud comes I must go out with the Mrs at least once.(not a big fan of mud as I hate cleaning it I still have chunks fall down on my driveway from the one time in April I took our daughter out)

I do have to say I am supprised my ball joints did not just decide to pop while I was getting some pics.

·
406 Posts
Nice flexing guys!! I need to test out my flexibility

·
TDG MAFIA
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
when I get all my bushings replaced I'll go for a little more flex. I would hate to destroy any thing at the moment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts