The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am replacing the low pressure oil on my 2003 f350SD I am changing the oil and filters. But what I want to know can I back flush the oil tube and the screen for the front of the engine?.... If possible what will be a good fluid to do that with?

Thanks for an answer:serious:...

·
3,051 Posts
Not sure what your attempting to backflush. I assume your talking about the oil pump screen in the bottom of the oil pan??

Need a better description analogy of what you are wanting to backflush.

Do not use any harsh chemicals in the motor oil on these engines, the motor oil is also used to hydraulically pressurize the fuel injectors and has orings and seals everywhere through the system.

Harry

·
3,051 Posts
Ok, I think you mean your replacing the low pressure oil pump on the lower front of the engine. If you are doing this due to any signs of small metal needle bearings embedded or scarring the the oil pump or gear, then you have much bigger problems and pump replacement is not the main issue. Needle bearings found in the low pressure pump means the roller cam follower on the bottom side of the hydraulic valve lifter has failed and complete engine tear down including crankshaft removal is necessary. Hopefully this is not the case. I did a thread on this long ago with pics, I'll see if I can locate it.

Ok, found the thread, scroll down to post no.4 that has the pics...
http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/19-2003-2007-6-0l-power-stroke/119937-cam-follower-failure.html

Harry

Reactions: Smoker
1 - 3 of 3 Posts