The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way I can rig my switch so I can turn on my fog lights without haveing my Head lights on Ive seen 05 and newer with fogs and runing lights on so I know you can do it with newer trucks, but I have a 2001 and was just seeing if anyone has done this and how...
THANKS

·
Resident GINGER
775 Posts
So just running lights and Fogies? Must be different switch than my parents 02 Excursion, because you can do it in their rig.

·
928 Posts
Mine will come on with just running lights, no headlights. Just turn to running lights and pull out the switch.

·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya ive tried it wont pull out till its all the way to the right when the lights are on... Im thinking maybe if I take the switch apart there might be a peice i can take out or grind down so i can

·
928 Posts
Maybe your switch is broken? Unless they changed it from 01 to 02??

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
Take the switch apart and you'll see the notches on the ring where you can pull it out in the headlight position. Make your own notch and you're good to go.

·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK but im worried about brakeing that plastic piece... how can i get it out do i have to take the dash apart it seems there is no slack behind for wires

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
Gonna need a small screwdriver... Turn the headlights ON, and pry the plastic knob off with the screwdriver. Rotate 180*, and put it back on, turn the knob, and the whole assembly will slide out. Take it apart from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts