The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine is looking into a diesel truck purchase. I am trying to lean him toward a Dodge. My questions are this.
1. is 2002 the only 24v non common rail available in crew cab?
2. I hear in 02 they changed from the CAD 4x4 (likes, dis-likes, comments)
3. any usefull info at all on these years of trucks (bad years etc.

I know the older dodges had tranny issues as I had to replace mine. Are these any better? I believe they are the 47re (electronic version of 47rh) but I do not know if they are actually any better. Would a VB and TC for the tranny be all one would need (allowing for proper maintenance and unabused)
Thanks,
Ryan:thumbsup

·
What are sparkplugs
147 Posts
crew cabs were available from 94-2002 from 98-2002-24V they had four doors.
47re not a bad trans just needs a better VB/TC (after market).
I really like my 02 only complaint is front axle, upper-lower ball joints/ tie rod ends/ trac bar and hub bearings are prone too failure, other than that no complaints.

Reactions: Diesel Duo

·
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a Dodge

crew cabs were available from 94-2002 from 98-2002-24V they had four doors.
47re not a bad trans just needs a better VB/TC (after market).
I really like my 02 only complaint is front axle, upper-lower ball joints/ tie rod ends/ trac bar and hub bearings are prone too failure, other than that no complaints.
I believe the front end issues are a endless battle for the whole Dodge crowd.:bang: Just replace w/ better parts is all we can do:happymugs I have had to replace those exact pieces on both Dodges I've owned:bang::bang::bang:
Thanks for the input.
P.S. He wants 4 full size doors

·
1,189 Posts
if he wants a crew cab and not a quad cab he needs a 03 and up with the common rail. dodge did not change the cab for the 2500 or 3500 till 03. yeah the front end has problems but get the free spin kit and have to spend less when the bearings start going out on the hubs http://www.emsoffroad.com/EMS_New/home.htm

Reactions: Diesel Duo
1 - 4 of 4 Posts