The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure about you guys but Gateway raceway, Performance parts plus, and Wise speed shop are all out of methenal.:shrug: All have different suppliers and their suppliers are all out also.:watchout They are trying to get more in for racing comming up in the next few weeks. i need it for bio. Is their an alternitive fuel i can mix my bio up with that is safe? I have 50Gal of used veggie oil a week comming in and am not able to make any because of the shortage of methenal. i am going to have to start turning down the oil because i am going to run out of storage. :help

Any advise\ input would be great. :thanks:

·
14 Posts
I think some people have tinkered with Ethenol but as I understand it doesn't work as good. BUT, I don't know much about it. You can always bring your oil here and we can make it :sly: We are about out too. I'll have to check to make sure we can still get meth.

·
I be Architect'n
351 Posts
I try to steer clear of race shops for methanol, usually b/c they're a little bit more experience IMO. Look in the yellow pages under chemical supply and call them up, I get it 55 gal at a time for about $150. My local chemical supplier also has a 7 gal. pail for about $50, such it's much more economical for me to get the 55 gal.

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
I use bulk fuel companies and get it in 55 gal drums.

·
14 Posts
Yea..last I paid ( in July ) was like $140 for a 55 gal drumb. Thats with the $25 or so drumb deposit. All the chemical suppliers in the Twin Cities, MN that we called to buy both KOH and meth were at $190/55gal.:watchout

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice i think their is a large Chem plant in St. Louis. I will check with them. I usually dont buy it by the drum but think i may have to .. Thanks guys for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts