The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen so much "TW is soooo much better than DP" and visa versa and thought this would be a good post for people to read.....

it was written by Tony Wildman himself.....

just read! :D

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=169730&postcount=62

I my myself like this part at the end....
The point was made that unless you have tried chips from all the different tuners, how can you say that Brand X is the BEST THERE IS? Fact is you can't because you don't know. It would be much more accurate for you to simply say, I run Brand X and really like it because....

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
good call jim eighter way looking at the poll there neck in neck with 41 each thats 82 happy peoplehow could you go wrong with eigther? but i am a little biased because i could not be happyer with my dp so it would be hard to remove it and spend another 400 or so to try tonys chip?
so tony if you get to read this sorry man jody got my money first LOL LOL LOL
steve

·
2,509 Posts
camojeeper said:
good call jim eighter way looking at the poll there neck in neck with 41 each thats 82 happy peoplehow could you go wrong with eigther? but i am a little biased because i could not be happyer with my dp so it would be hard to remove it and spend another 400 or so to try tonys chip?
so tony if you get to read this sorry man jody got my money first LOL LOL LOL
steve
:poke: it would be 400 well spent because tony is betterLOL LOL LOL

Thats a good read thanks

I love my wildman chip but have been around a dp tuner as well and have nothing bad to say about it eather. I definatly like the way tony sums it up in the end.:Thumbup:

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
ya 10-4 well in my next life i will try tonys tunes cuz this damn psd's gonna kill me LOL
steve

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree... I am bias to my DP but I am going to buy a TW chip here shortly just so I can see.... I may or may not post my findings but I know other people have.... like CSIPSD.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
ok guys im new who is tony? because im looking to buy a chip..so tony if your watching this contact me please...

·
1,726 Posts

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yooper diesel said:
ok guys im new who is tony? because im looking to buy a chip..so tony if your watching this contact me please...
you have many options..... Jody at DP tuner, Tony Wildman, Tadd at Elite, David at Diesel Innovations, Dennis at TS performance, and Cale at BTS..... thats all I can think of for now....and they are all custom chips....

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
no matter which one you chose it will be custom for your truck not some cookie cutter program for every one a special one or 16 programs just for you chip wins every time
steve

·
TDG Rocks!
393 Posts
Yea whats the options with the others. I know i could go with other tunes and way more. So how many can tonys hold? And are any other CUSTOM setup like the DP? All electronic no SWITCHY???

·
61 Posts
What are you going to do with 16 settings except spend $$$:hehe
One major difference between DP and Tony is Tony won't ever charge you to reburn your chip:Thumbup: That and his tunes are great.

Cary

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
caryt said:
One major difference between DP and Tony is Tony won't ever charge you to reburn your chip:Thumbup: That and his tunes are great.

Cary
Tony doesn't charge to reburn chips? That almost makes it worth going to Tony for tunes over DP in my mind. I love the F5 switch, but if I can get reburns for free, that's almost common sense to go Tony and then reburn as I add more things...

·
TDG Rocks!
393 Posts
caryt said:

Cary

Did not know that. But the DP look way better then a rotary switch. IMO :poke:

·
Registered
6 Posts
It appears Bill Cohron is on his own again. his web site is Power Hungry Performance. Sorry I can't figure out how to link.

·
263 Posts
blk99 said:
I have seen so much "TW is soooo much better than DP" and visa versa and thought this would be a good post for people to read.....

it was written by Tony Wildman himself.....

just read! :D

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=169730&postcount=62

I my myself like this part at the end....

i for one have ran programs from billCohron,swamp,TS,BTS,and had DP-TUNING and TW burns on the same chip. so i can say it ........ well i'm still run tony wildmans programs. he made 50 hp more over brand x. plus the free reburns are alsum.

·
116 Posts
ok im new in this arena as well. whats the difference between chips and tuners. i thought you just hooked up a tuner to the obd2 connection and kinda like re flashed your stock ecm. is this not the case? and does dp stand for diablo predator? also who is jody on here? whats his screen name? i have a friend who has an edge attitude tuner he wants to sell me for 200 bucks. i wast hinking about buying it but idk if thats the best way for me to go. i dont want to have to upgrade my stock trans or push like 600 horses or anything just something to wake her up a little and maybe get better shift points and better mpg's. anyone got real non-biased advice on what in the world im looking for? thanks.........

·
TDG Rocks!
393 Posts
OK chip plugs into the back of PCM. Tuner connects to OBD. DP_TUNER is not Diablo Preditor it is just the name of the chip. And I may be wrong but Jody doesnt have a screenname but Diane is SeeYa hope this helps. As far as the edge for 200 bucks. Not really a bad deal. Just make sure you can hook it up. I thought that a tuner like that was only good for the 1 truck it is hooked to first. Kinda like your Ipod. But IDK. If what you say is all you will ever want to do then money well spent. But it is way cooler to dump some smoke and piss people off. IMO

·
833 Posts
just to clarify the above post

Diane is Jody's wife and the primary presence of DP Tuner on the board
you can visit their website at www.dp-tuner.com

the tuner that you have should work on your truck provide that it has been "unloaded" from the prior truck. They (generally speaking) copy the stock info then write updated info to the PCM. This gives you the ability to revert to stock.

·
TDG Rocks!
393 Posts
:whs :sorrysign: thanks for the info. I m still new to the whole world. But i love my tunes now just need to build the truck up to the standards of the chip. My goal is still to be in 12 sec. and be able to pull camper and da boat. 1 DAY IT ILL HAPPEN.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts