The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #77
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How loud is it in the cab? I have a 99.5 CC that I want to put new exhaust on in a month or two. I really like the looks of the 5" Miter cuts cab high.
My concern is that my kids are in the back seat a lot and don't want to make the ride an un-enjoyable one for them. I'm thinking if I don't do stacks, MBPR's 4" Cool Duals will be my choice. As you can tell from my name, I'm not concerned about the neighbors thinking it's too loud. :evil:

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I have 5" x 36" (cab high) on my truck, it's loud enough to notice a difference but not too loud. I can roll up the windows and barely hear it with the radio isn't even turned up high. In my opinion I think you will be happier with the stacks.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #77
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and PM. Does your system have mufflers in the stacks?

·
Git-R-Done
888 Posts
I had 5" Miters on my truck before I installed my turbos and the noise level was not bad at all. With the windows up it was noticable but not loud at all. With internal mufflers I think it would not be noticable at all but I can not say for sure as I have never heard one with the mufflers.

PM Sent

·
soot junkie
194 Posts
Crew cabs are not that bad, but the regular cabs and extended cabs can get pretty loud.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Im praying i can sell my jeep in time for my tax return so i can get stacks for mine..

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've got a single 5" on mine and as long as the sliding rear window aint open, or I dont have my foot thru the floorboard its not that bad. If I'm by self I usually drive around with the sliding window open cus it sounds so good.

·
504 Posts
I got six inch turn outs. They really aren't too bad, or I have gotten used to them. There is a little drone but not too much. Now when the back window is open then it is super loud. You won't be able to run with the back window open and the side windows open. That creates a vacuum that will fill the cab with fumes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got Diesel said:
I got six inch turn outs. They really aren't too bad, or I have gotten used to them. There is a little drone but not too much. Now when the back window is open then it is super loud. You won't be able to run with the back window open and the side windows open. That creates a vacuum that will fill the cab with fumes.
Hey can i get some more pics of your set up?

·
I bleed John Deere green
74 Posts
Get at least 5" stacks NO SMALLER!!:deal: I a truck with a single 8" stack the other day, and gave me some ideas!!:evil: :smoke

1 - 11 of 11 Posts