The Diesel Garage banner

41 - 60 of 192 Posts

·
422 Posts
Would a coolant system vacuum flush clean this crud out?

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
this kit on ebay goes for 180... im sold threw dfuser cant beat it.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
teamroper60 said:
I just ordered one of those kits from Dieselsite. Nothing in there that I saw indicates to me the ball valves come with the kit. In fact, I ordered a set extra because I didn't believe they come with it. I also blew up the picture of the kit and don't see the ball valves in the pic, so I don't think they do. If by some chance they were included, I guess I'll have an extra set!! LOL LOL
here is a pic from there site.... and there is nothing in the check out spot to add valves....

on edit.... you got a different kit then dieselkid. My deepest apologies.. im really sorry for arguing... you win...you win... this is me right now..:sofa

·
what's egt mean ??
586 Posts
the dfuser site clearly states that the valves are included with the kit.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts

·
778 Posts
bcarriveau said:
You have stainless steel VS brass T's and fittings..
You also dont have the valves..

Thats abought it... :popcorn:

on edit you only got 1 filter... but what are they 3.00 dollars?
thanks for the quick response man.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
darsey715 said:
looks like I'll go with the dfuser one
yeah its a lil more pricey but the looks and valves i think sell it, very clean and well mounted under the hood. plus i think the fleetguard filters are more common and can be replaced with many different brand filters.. would tell you but my cross reference filter book from when i managed a Valvoline is sitting at my rents house. i know its the same as a baldwin PART NUMBER: BW5070 or SEPARATION TECH. Part number WF2070

·
what's egt mean ??
586 Posts
bcarriveau said:
You have stainless steel VS brass T's and fittings..
You also dont have the valves..

Thats abought it... :popcorn:

on edit you only got 1 filter... but what are they 3.00 dollars?
they sell theirs for 10.50, and they do have the valves, actually their valves are a lot nicer looking that the dfuser kit valves.

well after closer look, i dont see anywhere that says the valves are included, but they do mention the valves in the lower part of the page when describing the kit, and they show the valves in the rotating pics at the bottom, but i dont see them in the main picture.. not sure if they come with them, but i dont see them separately being offered either.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
LvTitan said:
they sell theirs for 10.50, and they do have the valves, actually their valves are a lot nicer looking that the dfuser kit valves.

i just dont like lil things LOL my 2cents is as good as nothing..

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
by the way i have been reading up on this kinda thing... would it not be more beneficial to mount the T fitting in the heater core hose were fluid is most of the time always flowing threw it or is the high side line that is by the transmission dip stick the same line? I guess i could go look at my truck... lol but its 2 am and im tired...

·
Got Torque?
2,577 Posts
scottman70 said:
That "crud" looks like something more than just dirty anti freeze scum.......That looks like oil and water have mixed and would result in that type of stuff getting caught in that coolant filter....I had a blown head gaskets in one of my gas engines and it made that kind of scum build up in my radiator and overflow bottle! That engine might have more going on than just dirty coolant. I would say something is obviously contaminating the coolant! That aint normal!! I am certainly not going out an buying a filter just based on those pics....I wonder if that engine has ever had head gasket issues?????
Agreed. There is NO WAY that a properly running 6.0 coolant system looks like that. I thought the same thing when I saw the pics. I would strongly advise looking into where the leak is. However, even saying the above, I think it is a great idea to protect against erosion and fouling (build up of scum on the heat transfer surfaces). I'm gettin one.

In a way, the contents of the filter can be an indicator of engine health. I would say the pics above are screaming that something is wrong.

Ralph

·
113 Posts
One other difference between the kits is the Dieselsite setup uses a CNC machined "T" at the heater hose.

This must weigh about an ounce, it is very light. This way you won't have a bunch of weight hanging at that splice. Other than the brass vs. stainless and the ball valves, they are identical kits. I would recommend these kits anyway.

That filter they took pics of in this forum, probably does mean that engine has/had problems.

:smoke

·
what's egt mean ??
586 Posts
sorry guys but this is COMMON in our motors. it is due to the sandcast process that international uses to cast the blocks. this is not an isolated incident and i think everyone should get these filters.
i've heard this story many times from many different people, it's scary what's left behind in some of these blocks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Its just a bunch of casting sand that didnt get flushed out after they casted the block. This truck runs AMAZING, its got 110,000 on it and has never been to the dealer, still has the original turbo and trans and we pull our 24ft enclosed trailer that weighs 12,000lbs. all over the country. So theres nothing wrong with the motor. I just did the ARP studs like 5,000 miles ago and the cylinder walls looked like BRAND NEW.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
hey robert thanks for the pics and info:Thumbup: :thanks: !! Do you run thos tires in the winter? How are they?LOL

·
Just about Broke
511 Posts
You got me sold, I'm definitely putting one on my truck, maybe somebody should look into a group buy......

·
3,306 Posts
I'm sold to. I'll be getting mine soon. Doesn't look that involved to install it. Looks like the kit comes with a couple of extra filters.

41 - 60 of 192 Posts