The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out this past weekend that when the cigarette lighter fuse pops you also lose the diagnostic port under the dash. Somehow these two are connected for a power supply.:shrug: I am sure this applies to all tuners/programmers, so if you cannot connect with the ECM, check your lighter fuse under the hood. Mine popped while working with EFI Live and making on the fly changes!:damnit Thankfully I used some quick troubleshooting and found the simple problem, changed the fuse and got back on the road.

Hope this helps a few that didnt realize this, as I hadnt and I have owned GM's for over 15 yrs now.

Tony

·
3,939 Posts
Thanks for the tip, Tony!

When did you buy the Moates ECM? I thought using one of those was the only way to make EFI changes while driving.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the tuner mode on the EFI live, or maybe I was wrong, but I was trying to when the inverter popped the fuse and I had to pull over to see what was going on. I just shut down the truck when I pulled over to trouble shoot then made the proper adjustment while sitting at the rest area.

EFI Live Scan Tool has a tab to open Tuner while the truck is running, but I was just getting ready to make a adjustment to my speedo when I lost connectivity. Do I need the Moates ECM before I can do this?

Tony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts