The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought an 06 LBZ Duramax with 200k miles from an old farmer who used it as a commuter vehicle. Had never pulled a trailer, most all miles were highway miles. So basically, it had never been worked a day in its life so I knew the trans would be in good shape. Well, I plan on pushin it a little harder than he did and i just have a feeling I'll be doing some transmission work in the future. I was just wondering what all you guys thought was the best rebuild kit or crate transmission for the money so I can have a plan for when the allison does take a crap. I will be on a budget so keep that in mind. I don't plan on pushin the truck too hard, but I will be pushin it harder than the old farmer lol.

P.S. I'm still new to forums so let me know if I'm doing anything wrong, THANKS!!
EGR blocker plate
20" XD Hoss wheels
nuth'n too crazy

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Well for kits or transmissions, suncoast is one of the best. Your looking at least $3000 for a rebuild and $5000 for a transmission.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks! would you say suncoast is the best rebuild kit? because there are a lot on the market. like PPE, ATS, Alligator Performance, etc. Who makes the best tq converter?

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Suncoast is higher on my list than ATS. I think PPE uses a lot of Suncoast parts.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've heard precision industries makes the best tq converters. What are your thoughts?

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
I don't know for torque converters, I haven't seriously priced anything in a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts