The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Got Torque?
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't followed the dyno board much; is there a place I can see where these 4 engines line up in terms of HP/TQ? I'd like to know the relative perforamnce level for these 4 engines with similar mods. I know that is not easy to tease out, but if anyone can direct me to the info, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

·
Stuck in Commiefornia...
1,296 Posts
Ralph,
If you're looking for stock vs. stock numbers, it would make for an interesting comparrison of the starting point. Modified would be pretty subjective. You'd almost have to look for power numbers in a specific range of peak torque or peak horsepower to get an idea how they compare.

I would say that you need data from the same brand and model dyno, and that you would also need to shoot for an attainable power level for all four engines to get a good representation of how they differ. In other words, you need all four engines to produce roughly 400-450rwhp, and the tighter you can hold them the more valid the comparrison will be. You could overlay the four by aligning the RPM, Horsepower, and Torque scales on the graph.

It would make a cool dyno sheet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts