Vehicle Line Model Years Assembly Plant Production Dates

Econoline 1997-2003 Lorain Assembly Plant 4/3/1996 - 9/16/2003

Excursion 2000-2003 Kentucky Truck Plant 3/25/1999 - 11/1/2002

F650/750 Series 2000-2003 Cuautitlan Assembly Plant 1/20/1999 - 10/31/2002

F-Series 1997 Kentucky Truck Plant 6/18/1996 - 12/17/1997

F-Series 1997 Cuautitlan Assembly Plant 6/11/1996 - 12/10/1997

F-Series 1999-2003 Kentucky Truck Plant 9/3/1997 - 11/4/2002

F-Series 1999-2003 Cuautitlan Assembly Plant 10/2/1998 - 7/21/2003

Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS. In addition, for a list of vehicles assigned to your dealership,

visit https://web.fsavinlists.dealerconnection.com . This information will be available on December 04,

REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL

In some of the affected vehicles, the Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor may fail due to circuit

degradation. If the CMP Sensor should fail, the engine may stall. In the event of an engine stall, a

crash could result without warning. A new CMP Sensor with improved reliability is now available.

SERVICE ACTION

Dealers are to inspect the CMP Sensor to verify which design level sensor is installed in the affected

vehicles, and replace all prior level sensors. This service must be performed on affected vehicles at no

charge to the vehicle owner.

OWNER NOTIFICATION MAILING SCHEDULE

Parts to repair this condition are currently not available in sufficient quantities to service all of the

affected vehicles. Therefore, to ensure that an ample supply of parts is available, owners of affected

vehicles will be notified in separate phase mailings over several months. Phase mailing will begin the

week of December 17, 2007; prioritized by age of vehicle. Dealers should repair any affected vehicles

that arrive at their dealerships, whether or not the customer has received a letter.

You can go to:

http://www.ford.com/owner-services/customer-support/recall-information

Type in your VIN and see if your truck is affected. Bout time they took care of this!

·
106 Posts
About DAM time

BG

·
TDG Mafia #95
1,071 Posts
I just spoke with a woman at ford's customer service line. She informed me that this recall also applies to out of warranty vehicles since this is considered a safety issue. :woot:

·
Just learnin and waitin..
217 Posts
This looks like a good sticky..........

·
Registered
11 Posts
Second that!!!!!!!!

Any idea how long you might have to wait for parts at dealerships?

Cost if any???

Thanks

·
160 Posts
Shouldnt have to wait for parts; sounds like they're just giving everyone the new CPS.

I dont see any 1994-1996 trucks listed. They had the same engine, I wonder why they're CPS is exempt? Is there an age- based cutoff?

·
1,921 Posts
Punched in the vin for my '96 and nothing comes up. Must only be on the '97 and newer.

Now the real reason the price on them has plumited comes out. Ford does that so they don't have to pay the dealers as much for warranty claims.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just typed in my vin and this is what it said

Your Vehicle

Vehicle: 1999 Ford F-250
VIN: (not giving out my vin sorry)1F8XEB36165
Open Recalls

Recall: 07S57
Description: CAMSHAFT POSITION (CMP) SENSOR INSPECTION / REPLACEMENT

All they are going to do is inspect it since it is running I put 100 bucks on it

·
TDG Mafia #95
1,071 Posts
Since it is a safety recall, they have a certain series they are replacing, and if its one of them, they have to replace it, running or not. Just like on the 150's and the fires they had. whether you caught fire or not, they fixed it free of charge

·
Registered
189 Posts
bluovaltruk01 said:
Since it is a safety recall, they have a certain series they are replacing, and if its one of them, they have to replace it, running or not. Just like on the 150's and the fires they had. whether you caught fire or not, they fixed it free of charge

Well I sure hope you are right for other peoples sake. I just dont see myself taking my truck to the dealer to let them replace a 14$ part and let it sit there for a week when it still runs. I guess I will just keep the one in the glove box ready for when I need it.And when it does go out it will take me all of 20 min to change it. LOL

·
TDG Mafia #95
1,071 Posts
What I don't get it this. If this is a big "safety" recall, then why wasn't this one WHEN THE 7.3 WAS BUILT????? :RTFM: Not 5 years after the fact. That has to be the reasoning in the major price reduction in the motorcraft CPS.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Got mine scheduled for the recall Friday afternoon.

·
1,726 Posts
As I was told they will look at the color of the CPS. If it is a black one, they will replace it. If it is a grey one, they will not.

If you have put a new grey cps in change it out with an old black one and go in to trade up LOL

Pisses me off that my 96 is not covered.

·
324 Posts
well I guess since mine is black and my truck has 325,000 miles on it I will go get a new one. ;) I'll be calling the dealer this afternoon

·
1,581 Posts
Wonder if they'll give refunds for all the spares floating around in gloveboxes LOL

·
310 Posts
i checked im vin# and i was on the list. i took it to the dealer and they said it depends on the color of it. i had the bad one and they replaced it. took all of 5 minutes. thanks for the heads up guys.:thanks:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts