The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bro has an 01 DMax and it running a hypermax chip now. To me it seems slow as molasis. He was talking about doing some moderate upgrades like intake, exhaust and a little bit hotter chip. What would you guys recomend for him? I told him I believed the EFIlive and PPE are pretty good from what I have heard. I mentioned he would probably be looking at having to upgrade the trans as well.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
EFI Live is a darn good programmer. As for an exhaust, anything 4in will suffice. Intake is not really necessary until he hits 500HP. Kennedy Diesel has a air box mod that will sufice until he can handle that amount of power.

The trans is going to be the weak link. The Allison is a great trans when the motor is in stock form, but anything over 100HP and it can limp.

Tony

·
0 Posts
my cousin has got a ppe in his 04 duramax and he loves it. I am really impressed with that chip it smokes like a chimeny. Just make sure hes got money for parts because once he throws a 300 hp tune at it it will pry go into limp mode or drop the tranny hope i can help. My cousin got his off ebay for $500 :smoke

·
1,705 Posts
EFI,PPE Hot,or VA 200 {now out of business :(} PPE and VA will get him close to 500rwhp and EFI will go over with the right tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts