The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
88 Posts
Look at the date on the article. October 2008. If you go by the previous post in this forum that is no longer true.

Jerrod

·
2,126 Posts
Lets just hope and pray this motor comes out.

·
2,710 Posts
Shoot ill be happy if ford comes up with an auto trans that don't whined up scattered all over the road way . . .

Tho an F150 diesel would be cool to have just not so sure I would trust it with an auto trans...

Mike

·
1,415 Posts
Ford trannys are the toughest out there. there input shafts are the size of the aftermarked once they throw in the allison and cummins tranny. The 5r110 is putting up with alot behind a 6.4L spartan tune and holding up farily well.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Shoot ill be happy if ford comes up with an auto trans that don't whined up scattered all over the road way . . .

Tho an F150 diesel would be cool to have just not so sure I would trust it with an auto trans...

Mike
What you talking 'bout Willis.
The 5R110 is stout and vertually bullit proof in a stock configuration. I would love to see an Alli or Dodge tranny support over 1100ft/lbs with no modification. Then wel'll see who's scattered all over the road.:thumbsup

·
Got Torque?
2,577 Posts
Nice collection of cars/toys there Mike!

·
2,710 Posts
5R110 ? LOL never heard of it !

Last ford auto trans I delt with was the E40D that thing got replaced every other oil change it felt like...

Notice the sig ?

I'm behind the times buy 20 40 60 years LOL !

Now the C6 3spd took everything I could throw at it.

but the C4 was another continousely replaced trans...

Me n ford automatic transmissions don't get along at all !

But there 4 5 6 spd manuals get along great !

Mike

·
307 Posts
So is thing going to happen or not?
In short..... No, The 3.5L Ecoboost will be the powerful high mileage motor for quite some time. The Ford engineers are gunning for 24mpg and 400hp /400lb-ft. It will be just fine as a diesel substitute.

·
133 Posts
That'll be nice if they can produce those numbers, but man it'd be nice if Ford put a diesel in the 1/2 ton trucks. I think I'd get that instead of an F250.

·
gotta love black smoke!
388 Posts
"The V8 engine on the model is 15% more powerful, producing 308 horsepower (230 kW, 312 PS), and up to 700 Nm (516 lb-ft) of torque, a 10% boost. Mated to an eight-speed transmission, the SUV runs up to 100 km/h in 7.6 seconds on its way to a 208 km/h (129 mph) top speed. Using 10.2 liters of fuel per 100 kilometers, or approximately 23 miles per U.S. gallon, the engine will produce 264 grams of CO2 per kilometer. This corresponds to a 10% reduction."

308 hp
516 ft/lbs
8 speed tranny

Put it in a f150 and Im in...

·
79 Posts
F-150 engine starts in Land Rover

Will it ever come to the F-150?

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110061726880/2011-range-rover-officially-revealed-with-new-44-liter

The diesels currently used by Land Rover (andJaguar) are produced at the Dagenham engine plant owned by Ford, Jaguar-Land Rover’s former parent while the 4.4 liter turbodiesel engine, which is scheduled to be launched this fall, is being built at Ford’s Chihuahua engine plant.

from
http://www.autospies.com/news/2011-Range-Rover-gets-a-new-4-4-liter-diesel-engine-54696/

http://www.leftlanenews.com/range-rover-to-get-4-4-liter-308-horsepower-diesel.html

UK: Range Rover first for 4.4-litre V8 diesel
By: John Mortimer, Monday, June 14, 2010, AutomotiveWorld.com

After a long time in the melting pot, Ford’s new 4.4-litre diesel has finally surfaced. The new V8 engine will displace the current 3.6-litre V8 diesel in Jaguar Land Rover’s Range Rover models for 2011 model year.

The larger displacement engine brings to four the number of Ford diesels using compacted graphite iron (CGI) cylinder blocks; the others are the 2.7-, 3.0- and 3.6-litre diesels. These engines reflect the company’s positive high-volume experience with this high-strength iron.

The new engine, as fitted to Range Rover, produces 230kW (308bhp) and 700Nm (516lb ft) torque. Despite the larger displacement and the significant power increase, the engine provides a 10% reduction in CO2 emissions compared to its 3.6-litre predecessor.

Diesel watchers have already noted that the power of the new Ford engine is higher than the 224kW of Navistar’s new MaxxForce 7 V8 diesel of 6.4-litres capacity. The MaxxForce 7, however, yields a 28% higher torque of 895Nm for a capacity hike of 45%.

Ford produces the 4.4-litre engine at its Chihuahua Engine Plant in Mexico. Production volumes in the near term are likely as for the 3.6-litre unit, as JLR gradually implements substitution.

The new engine will bow at JLR’s media even in London on 1 July, staged to celebrate 40 years of Land Rover. Sales of the more powerful Range Rover begin on 1 October.

Longer term, Ford could offer the engine in Super Duty pick-ups, as originally planned in 2008 for the F-Series F150. The 4.4-litre has enough power for owners who do not tow heavy loads. This could increase Chihuahua’s output. Meanwhile, Chihuahua also produces the new 6.7-litre Scorpion diesel for large Super Duty trucks.

Published on Monday, June 14, 2010

from

http://www.automotiveworld.com/news/powertrain/82445-uk-range-rover-first-for-4-4-litre-v8-diesel

·
79 Posts
Huge plans for this engine

The Ford Chihuahua plant will produce some 750.000 engines a year

http://www.eldiariodechihuahua.com/notas.php?IDNOTA=204339&ID SECCION=Ciudad&IDREPORTERO=De%20la%20Redacci%F3n

that article gave a follow up at AWK

Ford has now confirmed that its Chihuahua Engine Plant (CEP) in Mexico will produce over 750,000 diesel engines a year.

According to plant manager, Enrique Araiza, CEP's new Plant 11 facility has capacity to assemble 400,000 of Ford's 4.4-litre V8 diesel engines a year, as well as 200,000upa of the 6.7-litre V8 diesel.

Both engines are completely new and make use of compacted graphite iron (CGI) cylinder blocks.

Araiza forecast that production capacity for the 6.7-litre unit will be expanded to 380,000 upa, bringing total diesel engine capacity at the plant to over 750,000 upa.( enheter per år)

The 4.4-litre engine has recently been unveiled in Land Rover's Range Rover. Other applications will follow. The 6.7-litre diesel features in Ford's F-250 pick-up
Ford has invested USD 800 million in Plant 11, of which USD 450 million has been directed at new machine tools, as well as assembly and test equipment.

The investment has created an additional 100 jobs so far and at present the plant as a whole employs 800.

----------------

400.000 4.4-liters means F-150, I think.................:toytruck

·
1,103 Posts
I'd buy one tomorrow with that diesel. Folks can say what they want, but I don't think that the EcoBoost will get anywhere near 23 mpg in a pickup. The aerodynamics aren't anywhere near as good on the F150 as the Taurus. Plus, 3.5 liters wound tight enough to produce those hp & tq numbers, is a grenade waiting to happen after 100k miles. I know most folks trade every 4 or 5 years, but if I'm spending that kind of $$, I driving it till the wheels fall off.

·
79 Posts
"According to plant manager, Enrique Araiza, CEP's new Plant 11 facility has capacity to assemble 400,000 of Ford's 4.4-litre V8 diesel engines a year, as well as 200,000upa of the 6.7-litre V8 diesel. Araiza forecast that production capacity for the 6.7-litre unit will be expanded to 380,000 upa, bringing total diesel engine capacity at the plant to over 750,000 upa"

What are the intensions? 400.000 4.4-liter V8s annually .............And the double output of the 6.7-litre.....

·
79 Posts
5R110 ? LOL never heard of it !

Last ford auto trans I delt with was the E40D that thing got replaced every other oil change it felt like...

Notice the sig ?

I'm behind the times buy 20 40 60 years LOL !

Now the C6 3spd took everything I could throw at it.

but the C4 was another continousely replaced trans...

Me n ford automatic transmissions don't get along at all !

But there 4 5 6 spd manuals get along great !

Mike
My 97 F-250 E40D with 30K fluid and filter changes has lasted 260K miles and is still pulling strong (I tow cars). My brother in law in CT has a '94 following
my maintenance regimen he has plowed professionally, and towed his landscaping equipment for 10 years with no issues. I don't care what kind of auto tranny you have, change/flush fluids regularly and they will last. My '95 Crown Vic Police went 300K with the original tranny when I sold it. My experience has been good with Ford trannies, but I'm an anal maintainer.

John

1 - 20 of 20 Posts