The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my local Ford dealer says he can reprogram my 08 f250 for my new tire size. He says it will remain correct even after I load the Spartan tunes back on truck. Is there anyone else who has had theirs done and can verify that it will work after being tuned.

·
7 Posts
Hey, my local Ford dealer says he can reprogram my 08 f250 for my new tire size. He says it will remain correct even after I load the Spartan tunes back on truck. Is there anyone else who has had theirs done and can verify that it will work after being tuned.
My truck was reprogramed for larger tires & it reads exact with my GPS but it is still stock for now. Hopefully that will change in the future.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
what size of tire?? Ford told me they can only re calibrate up to a 35" tire +/-...

·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, my other truck with stock wheels and tires is 1 MPH fast compared to GPS. Is anyone else's speed off stock?

·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
recalibration

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I had my 08 spedometer reprogrammed today and it works perfectly with the Spartan tune loaded. It is dead on the money GPS. I went from a stock 17" to a stock 20" wheel and tire. You are correct about the list of tires to choose from. However, you only change your tire size in one section on the ford ids and the rest is corrected automatically. This literally took about 5 Minutes to do in the parking lot. Wish I had known 6000 miles ago. Very simple adjustment!

·
7 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I had my 08 spedometer reprogrammed today and it works perfectly with the Spartan tune loaded. It is dead on the money GPS. I went from a stock 17" to a stock 20" wheel and tire. You are correct about the list of tires to choose from. However, you only change your tire size in one section on the ford ids and the rest is corrected automatically. This literally took about 5 Minutes to do in the parking lot. Wish I had known 6000 miles ago. Very simple adjustment!
Did your dealer do this? How much did they charge you?

·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, yes my local dealer did this. They didn't charge one dime. It was a 5 minute deal and I am very happy now that it is right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts