The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Ford has a service that you can email their techs questions and get answers straight from the horses mouth?

It would be pretty cool to be able to do that!

David

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
i dont think they do. even if they did the ford tect dont know shi* about our trucks

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Pm Squatch, he's a ford master tech and runs a full on diesel shop as well.

There is a link in my sig.

He is the reason my truck puts up with my abuse:sly: :sly:

·
191 Posts
:evil You tell 'em Camojeeper....LOL

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
camojeeper said:
i dont think they do. even if they did the ford tect dont know shi* about our trucks
Your not dealing with the right tech....

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Fast_Ashley said:
Your not dealing with the right tech....
i mean no disrespect it just that probably 8 out of 10 ford mechanics dont have a clue about a hot roded psd you know what i talkin about the guy sais to you ( a dp what? and a diy, oh and your check engine light is on we can turn it off for um 500 nope 1000 bucks) at least that has been my experience with ford techs. not to mention could you imangine trying to dianose a prob over the net with one?

steve

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
camojeeper said:
i mean no disrespect it just that probably 8 out of 10 ford mechanics dont have a clue about a hot roded psd you know what i talkin about the guy sais to you ( a dp what? and a diy, oh and your check engine light is on we can turn it off for um 500 nope 1000 bucks) at least that has been my experience with ford techs. not to mention could you imangine trying to dianose a prob over the net with one?

steve
Ford techs are taught to look for modifications as the possible cause of a CEL. All of their diagnostics are based on everything being stock. Techs who know modifications and what they do are few and far between.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
yes that is what i ment and some of the time the mods are the cause. my point was the guys down at ford arent allways the best choce in a mechanic. that said there are plenty of storys about guy taken there truck down to ford and haveing a little easy to fix problem then having a not so sharp tech just start throwin parts at it i cant afford that kinda thing jjust my .02 oh and if you are a ford tech reading this post i hope you are in the 20% of the sharp ones LOL LOL LOL

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
:whs

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
RacerX said:
Ford techs are taught to look for modifications as the possible cause of a CEL. All of their diagnostics are based on everything being stock. Techs who know modifications and what they do are few and far between.

I must be spoiled.

The techs I know like to push the limits of the PSD like I do :sly: :sly:

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
u r lucky

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
:whs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts