The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I am happy to recieve a $1,000 check for purchasing a 2008 super duty. It blows my mind how Ford can do this! Especially after reading this.

DETROIT (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. (F.N: Quote, Profile , Research) said on Friday that U.S. auto industry sales to date in April were "terrible" as consumer confidence was hit by a slow housing market and rising gas prices.

"This month is terrible," Ford chief sales analyst George Pipas said in an interview. "We are not even close to where we expected to be in April."

Pipas said industry volume appeared to be down 10 percent to date before seasonal adjustment, but expected Ford's U.S. retail share to hold steady around 13 percent

-Joe B

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think that the rising fuel prices really hurt alot of people. I know it did me, not in a big way or anything but, my lord they are absolutely rediculas. I just wish that they would just keep them at a reasonable price. Give us a break we are not made out of money. I just can't stress how mad and how much this gets to me.:2cents :pissed: :rippedhand: :mad:

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
[email protected] the oil companies there is no reason for prices to be as high as they are and adjusting them upwards for the summer season is BS not even our government can help b/c they are in bed with the oil companies !!

·
Registered
183 Posts
onebadf150 said:
[email protected] the oil companies there is no reason for prices to be as high as they are and adjusting them upwards for the summer season is BS not even our government can help b/c they are in bed with the oil companies !!
I agree 100% it is starting to realy piss me off!!!

·
3,754 Posts
I cant imagine waht they will be by july, its not only your tank but the prices at walmart ups everywhere goes up when fuel prices go up, trucks and trains transport what is on the shelf w/diesel powered trucks, propane powered forlifts etc.

·
317 Posts
Ford put all its egges in one basket in the 90's and early 2000's by relying on big SUV's for the bulk of its profits and sales. Combine high fuel prices, poor service and a bad launch of the 6.0L and don't forget the Firestone tire mess to just name a few and its a wonder Ford has made it as long as they have.
I realy hope Ford can pull it self out of the gutter but I don't feel they are doing enough to gain back their market share and customers. JMO
JMC

·
0 Posts
I don't know whether to be happy that gas is finally higher than diesel here...or upset that diesel is still 2.799.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
i just paid 2.90 a gallon for diesel today , i was like wtf, but at some gas stations it 3.06 a gal for gas for regular

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
but im not too unhappy my dmax is gettin like 27 mpg or somethin real close

·
TDG #97
1,234 Posts
DId yall hear that Ford is Suing Navistar?

·
Registered
22 Posts
snopro's a good man -- he likes arctic cat :D

lol anyway -- here in south dakota, were paying 3.39/gal for diesel and like 2.89-3.00ish for gas..

rediculous..

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
snopro99 said:
I haven't seen 2.79 for over three months - been paying 3.00 to 3.09 for over a month now.

Well, not to start a war but at least the oil god can only be in office another year or so.... :splat

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
86 1 tonhauler said:
but im not too unhappy my dmax is gettin like 27 mpg or somethin real close
I simply can't believe that. That's about 1,000 miles on a tankfull.

My dmax gets 12.9 MPG in suburban type driving. I'm really dissappointed. I think all the full size trucks get horrible fuel mileage. I hope mine gets over 15 after it's more broken in.

·
1,854 Posts
Christensen said:
snopro's a good man -- he likes arctic cat :D

lol anyway -- here in south dakota, were paying 3.39/gal for diesel and like 2.89-3.00ish for gas..

rediculous..
Hey Man i was in Deadwood today, paid 3.05/gal at Sturgis...Rapid is at 2.99/gal

I'm in Rapid City for college until the 12th:Thumbup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Whitewood is at 3.29 as of two days ago when I filled up. Dunno what its at now.

Oh yeah? How long you been around here? I've probably seen your truck lol

·
1,854 Posts
been down here in Rapid for 2 years. Leaving in 2 weeks LOL i hate it here. too many people. Ya you might seen my truck around...it's definatly one of a kind around here

·
Registered
42 Posts
We Pay

We pay $US4 a gallon downunder...and we are 70% self reliant in fuel production!

Some idiot decided we mneeded to pay Fuel parity pricing with the rest of the world so as NOT to become complacent with fuel useage!

Then another idiot decided to allow the govt to collect fuel excise as a % of the bowser price of fuel effectively making bowsers into tax revenue collectors.

In a country where the tyranny of distance is the handbrake on development - making transport expensive cripples the development of the nation.

That is plain dumb in anyones language!

That said - the Oil oligarchy ruling this world are now litterally rolling in it and our kids kids will be payoing for the daylight robbery we the people have allowed ourselves to be saddled with thru apathy!

Kinda makes you admire all the more - those who said NO to the tax on tea huh? :bow:

Maybe one day the people of the USA will rise up and take back control of their country!

I ain't betting on it anytime soon tho!

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts