The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put my TS 6pos chip in over a month ago...the next day my truck died...it was in the shop almost 3 weeks with a burnt pcm and fuel pump. After having my truck up and running stock for about a week i sent the ts chip to the ts place in bowling green to have it double checked and re programmed....well i had a real mechanic install it today and the truck wont start with the chip but runs fine without it.....the pcm i put in i think is rebuilt is it possible the computer may reject any chip??? or should have i gone with dp in the first place??im very frustated with this any input is appreciated

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
It sounds like a calibration problem between the chip and the computer. See if your mechanic can pull the hex. code out of it and I can help you get computer family number from that. Then we can see how your chip is being programmed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not familiar with this so bare with me....i need to ask my mechanic to pull the "hex code" should this be a combination of #s?? i didnt think it would be different than the stock "hex code" ...after i get this code...could the guys at ts program it according to the different "hex code"? is that how it would work?? im a little discouraged of taking it back considering i just gave him 55 dollars to do nothing pretty much...please keep the advice comin so i can wake up my beast!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
TS Chip

Give me a ring and I will explain. I can send you a piece of equipment to burn it to whatever code you like. The hex code is a code that can be pulled with the scanner. The reason I need the hex code is, remanufactured PCM's from anyone other than Ford can have different programming in them from what is labeled on the outside of the computer. For that matter depending on year I can send you a burner for the code needed. Example NVK,PMT,VDH, if I had you chip I can program it for you then send the correct burner and you should be ready to roll.

·
6,337 Posts
Your 2002 should be a VDH... If your a late 01 it MIGHT be a PMT but I doubt it!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds great i appreciate all the help and trouble...i will do that however the guy from ts seems eager to help me and he said all he needs is a # off the black cap that popped off the new pcm.....i dunno if this is the same thing your talkin about or not but ill def keep you updated if he cannot further help me....thanks again and ill let you know what happens as i may very well need to call ya!

·
862 Posts
What he was saying was that since it's a rebuilt PCM, the actual code might be different than what is on that little black cap. A PCM can be reflashed, and it doesn't always have to be the same as what is on the sticker. For example, the PCM in my truck is labeled as a VDH5. It was reflashed last summer to a VDH2. Not a big difference, but you get the point.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh well im lookin at the cap off the new one and it is vdh4...so if this is different than the stock one(which i doubt) the guy at ts should be able to program my chip accordingly? thanks for all the help

F

·
0 Posts
smokin02 said:
oh well im lookin at the cap off the new one and it is vdh4...so if this is different than the stock one(which i doubt) the guy at ts should be able to program my chip accordingly? thanks for all the help
We can't tell you that it is or isn't different than the original program. All we know is the black cap says it should be VDH4. Best bet is to get Ford to read you hex, or head back to TS and have them check it out and fix the problem.

·
TDG Mafia #95
1,071 Posts
The sticker on the PCM is what came programed from ford originally. If you have a rebuilt PCM, then the program inside is most likely not what is written on the sticker. Therefore, the hex on the cover and the actual hex will be different. You need to get the hex code from the program, not from the case.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea that makes sense....the chip is at ts now but i think to get my prob solved work will need to be done to the pcm....and not the chip

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i just got off the phone with the guy at ts.....he said hes going to send me a brand new chip....even though i bought it from a guy on ebay who wont return my phone call....he said as long as the truck is running now it should work when i install the chip....does this make sense? or could i still maybe have work done to pcm? thanks for all the help im ready to be blowin some smoke

·
TDG Mafia #95
1,071 Posts
Well I would go with what the guy at TS tells you...but if it doesn't work then its a PCM issue, and you'll probably have to pull the hex.

·
239 Posts
GOS said:
Give me a ring and I will explain. I can send you a piece of equipment to burn it to whatever code you like. The hex code is a code that can be pulled with the scanner. The reason I need the hex code is, remanufactured PCM's from anyone other than Ford can have different programming in them from what is labeled on the outside of the computer. For that matter depending on year I can send you a burner for the code needed. Example NVK,PMT,VDH, if I had you chip I can program it for you then send the correct burner and you should be ready to roll.
Now in my book.............that right there is some awesome customer service:Thumbup: The diesel community is as good as it get's, I'm happy to see this did'nt turn into a chip bashing thread.:thanks: Makes me feel all fuzzy:hehe Gary

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the chip should be in tom and ill put it in and let yall know thanks and i may have to give you a ring gos

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
No problem, I've been following the thread to see what has taken place. I'm pretty sure they can hit the programming on the head with the proper 4 bank file. If you are still having problems just let me know, we just fixed up a guy in the same boat, we built the program then sent the correct burner and good to go.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
wrongway said:
Now in my book.............that right there is some awesome customer service:Thumbup: The diesel community is as good as it get's, I'm happy to see this did'nt turn into a chip bashing thread.:thanks: Makes me feel all fuzzy:hehe Gary
:whs i totaly agree i have not found any of the vendors/sponsors on here that wernt first class all the way for me its dp tuner for you it may be tadds or tony wildman or ts im sure some one has something good to say about all of you. i say dp is the way
steve

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i put the brand new chip in on sat and nothing....the wts light just stays on and truck will turn over but wont start. so i pulled out the chip and the truck is running fine...my question is....if the terminals ( which were cleaned twice by the mechanic not me) was ditry on the computer whould the wts light stay on? or is this just a sign that the chip and computer arent compatible? ALSO i had the rebuilt computer out in my hand and i saw that the code said VDH2 not 4 (this was printed on the computer not the cap)....so i called ts back (i had told them VDH4) and he said go ahead and install it it shouldnt matter....but it didnt work....any help is apprecitated as yall can see how this is frustrating....i am takin the truck to bowling green for the ts outlaw weekend or whatever will there be live help there possibly?

·
Registered
7 Posts
smokin02 said:
i put my TS 6pos chip in over a month ago...the next day my truck died...it was in the shop almost 3 weeks with a burnt pcm and fuel pump. After having my truck up and running stock for about a week i sent the ts chip to the ts place in bowling green to have it double checked and re programmed....well i had a real mechanic install it today and the truck wont start with the chip but runs fine without it.....the pcm i put in i think is rebuilt is it possible the computer may reject any chip??? or should have i gone with dp in the first place??im very frustated with this any input is appreciated
Nothing wrong with the TS chip send it to Tony Wildman and get great custom tunes on it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts