The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just had an e-mail shown on FOX NEWS sunday morning about the high price of diesel. They also showed that diesel is costing over $4.00 a gallon and that the truckers may strike 4/1/08. One of my e-mails to fox mentioned the strike and I think they are becoming aware. We need to stand up and let the media know that something is wrong when Diesel cost more then gas. The oil companys are manipulating the prices for profit reasons, with the new diesel vehicals going on the market soon they want to make sure the price is high. Their is no shortage only high oil prices so why is diesel so high. I have seen this in the 70s and 80s but then they clamed the middle east was running out of oil--HA. Come on guys, START SENDING E MAILS. Don't let the oil companys get away with it. They don't care about us or the nation, only their profits!!!!!!:nunu: :nunu:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
3,051 Posts
Boy you got that right. One of the excuses I've heard for the high cost of diesel is they have to run it through the process of sulfur removal 4 more times than before to get it down to less than 15ppm, and thats one reason they claim its more costly. But I don't buy it. I agree with you, they are helping strangle our economy. If anything, gasoline should be the higher cost fuel, part of the profit of gasoline should be used to offset/lower the cost of diesel to less than regular gas. Nearly every comerce gets transported by diesel power one way or another. Good job heavyhaller for getting your voice heard on the news, I have a feeling its just the begining of a long fight ahead, something needs to be done and nows the time. Harry
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
811 Posts
Thats what I've been saying.. I made a post about everyone striking.. Truckers should, they stop America stops, maybe then the *******s will get the point..
 

·
'Ol Builder guy
Joined
·
7,051 Posts
Guys,

I'm not a defeatist, but even if diesel drops down .75/gallon to $3.50/gallon, are you gonna be all that relieved?

Is that going to make you real happy?

What will make all of us happier is an effective change in energy policy that puts more power in our hands to control energy prices and innovation in vehicle technology.

We have to drill HERE and NOW.
 

·
TDG Mafia Member #56
Joined
·
2,050 Posts
I agree Duke. We need to un cap some of our wells and help bring back America. but all these tree hugger liberals are killing it.
 

·
'Ol Builder guy
Joined
·
7,051 Posts
DieselWrencher1 said:
I agree Duke. We need to un cap some of our wells and help bring back America. but all these tree hugger liberals are killing it.
That's RIGHT.

There's your problem. It's not really "big oil". It's REGULATION & taxation of free enterprise caused by government policy.

The government policy is influenced by tree huggers, enviromentalists, etc.
 

·
TDG Singles Outlaw #10
Joined
·
1,097 Posts
DieselWrencher1 said:
I agree Duke. We need to un cap some of our wells and help bring back America. but all these tree hugger liberals are killing it.
I agree also..
I am part owner of 2 oil\nat gas wells in La.... The company that runs the well does not want the oil just the Natral gas, even though the oil prices have skyrocketed since they drilled the wells almost 5yrs ago. They said the oil companys are not buying oil because the reserves are full...

it is funny that the walkout is April 1..:evil::leghump
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Duke said:
Guys,

I'm not a defeatist, but even if diesel drops down .75/gallon to $3.50/gallon, are you gonna be all that relieved?

Is that going to make you real happy?

What will make all of us happier is an effective change in energy policy that puts more power in our hands to control energy prices and innovation in vehicle technology.

We have to drill HERE and NOW.
I agree about drilling more wells and building more refinerys but until then I just want diesel prices to drop below reg. It wont make me happy but at least I will have a little more money in my pocket. Diesel should not cost more then unleaded reg!:popcorn:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sparks280zt said:
heavyhaller, do you have any scientific or sourced numerical data showing the middle east is not running out of oil?
We were told that the middle east was running out of oil in the mid 70s, that was 30+ yrs ago and they are pumping more now then they did then. Their is no shortage and the middle east has not clamed that a shortage exists now. The cartel said they want the price per barrel up and it is. That still doesn't explain why diesel cost more then gasoline. The Oil Companys said that ULSD would cost $.20 more per gallon then LSD NOT A$1.00 MORE! Ever since what happened in the 70's and 80's I do not believe them. :nunu:
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Sparks280zt said:
heavyhaller, do you have any scientific or sourced numerical data showing the middle east is not running out of oil?
We must be taking more than is being "made" that's for sure. So in that thinking, the whole world is running out of oil, it's just a matter of how long it will take before it is really "gone". My uneducated guess. I won't see it in my life time, but there is no doubt it will happen.
 

·
'Ol Builder guy
Joined
·
7,051 Posts
We're not running out of oil, we're running out of places TO DRILL for oil because there's too many places being declared "off limits" for drilling.
 

·
Member
Joined
·
254 Posts
I am sorry guys, I am a petroleum Geologist and I will be the first to tell you, the world is running out of oil. Even BP says 30-40 more years and thats it. Heavyhaller, if I have one million gallons of oil, and thats it, and I sale 10 gallons a day, I still am technically running out, right?

www.peakoil.com Read it
 

·
'Ol Builder guy
Joined
·
7,051 Posts
Sparks280zt said:
I am sorry guys, I am a petroleum Geologist and I will be the first to tell you, the world is running out of oil. Even BP says 30-40 more years and thats it. Heavyhaller, if I have one million gallons of oil, and thats it, and I sale 10 gallons a day, I still am technically running out, right?

www.peakoil.com Read it
I would bet what BP means is we have only that reserve where oil drilling is permitted. I bet there's a lot more where drilling is not permitted.
 

·
Member
Joined
·
254 Posts
Duke said:
I would bet what BP means is we have only that reserve where oil drilling is permitted. I bet there's a lot more where drilling is not permitted.
Duke I respect your opinion but I will have to agree that we disagree.
 

·
'Ol Builder guy
Joined
·
7,051 Posts
That's cool. I would have to think that if they're right and there's only a 30 year supply of oil left for the world, that the world may cease to exist in 30 years.

There's no way in friggin heck that the world can complete a changeover to energy that doesn't use any oil in 30 years. NO WAY it can be done.
 

·
Member
Joined
·
254 Posts
Duke said:
That's cool. I would have to think that if they're right and there's only a 30 year supply of oil left for the world, that the world may cease to exist in 30 years.

There's no way in friggin heck that the world can complete a changeover to energy that doesn't use any oil in 30 years. NO WAY it can be done.
I def. agree with that! No way!
 

·
'Ol Builder guy
Joined
·
7,051 Posts
Sparks,

If there was only 30 yrs of reserves, we'll have world wars over what's left. What are we going to drive over our roads? How will trucks haul freight, tractors plow fields, ships deliver cargo, planes fly??? etc.

What will we do? Throw every fuel burning machine into the ocean and use solar power?

I think your figures might be another Al Gore creation.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sparks280zt said:
heavyhaller, do you have any scientific or sourced numerical data showing the middle east is not running out of oil?
Sparks, don't believe that crap about them running out of oil and remember that we get most of our oil from venezuela and we are the only country that can refine their heavy crude. Everyone was told that the middle east was running out back in the mid 70's. Now imagine how much oil has been pumped since then, I guess they lied hu. Man its a game and we are the pawns. OC's have no competitors, they just have to watch out for the government and not get caught for price fixing witch they are doing. Remember when GTE was broken up by the government because they got to big? The OC's have different names but they all work together and their prices are fixed!!!:nunu:
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top