The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FP gauge died so I called and had a new one sent. They said the problem was that I didnt have a "resistor" or something along that line, and thats what killed the gauge. Well I already had what looked like what they sent on the gauge only the hole on the bolt was bigger. Well I took the old off and put the new one on and it wouldnt fit, so now I have the line - new "resistor" thing - the new one- to the gauge. before I had 15psi now i have 10-12. Do you think it may be like a water hose and w/ the added piece doesnt have a strong read? My LP sounds fine, and the truck runs strong! I am getting my FASS asap while I am on break, but I was wondering in the mean time.

Nathaniel

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Here is my setup...

The needle valve is my resistor... Also a great shutdown device too...:Thumbup:

Your pressure sounds ok...

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OH...I have SS braided line, I dont have a valve like that...Sould I take a pic and post it? but if you say thats ok i dont care...thats at idle too I havent took it out for a drive yet.

Nathaniel

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
I would consider the valve idea...

Then re-check the fuel pressure and be sure its above 10 PSI...

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how will the valve help me? where on earth would i put it? and I tap in at the IP.

Nathaniel

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
HCCUMMINSSMOKE said:
how will the valve help me? where on earth would i put it? and I tap in at the IP.

Nathaniel
Current hook up... Vulcan Big line Kit... In the line between VP44 and filter.

And my previous hook up on stock banjo bolts... (Under the fuel filter)

·
Registered
12 Posts
HCCUMMINSSMOKE said:
My FP gauge died so I called and had a new one sent. They said the problem was that I didnt have a "resistor" or something along that line, and thats what killed the gauge. Well I already had what looked like what they sent on the gauge only the hole on the bolt was bigger. Well I took the old off and put the new one on and it wouldnt fit, so now I have the line - new "resistor" thing - the new one- to the gauge. before I had 15psi now i have 10-12. Do you think it may be like a water hose and w/ the added piece doesnt have a strong read? My LP sounds fine, and the truck runs strong! I am getting my FASS asap while I am on break, but I was wondering in the mean time.

Nathaniel

I think they mean RESTRICTOR to help control the pulsing that can damage the gauge and or the sending unit if you have one.

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ed9824v said:
I think they mean RESTRICTOR to help control the pulsing that can damage the gauge and or the sending unit if you have one.
Yea Yea thats it!

Nathaniel

·
112 Posts
thats crazy you had 15 psi with just a stock lift pump i only have 18 with a fass !!

·
348 Posts
Some of us just have the luck of the Irish I guess?

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
todt061458 said:
Some of us just have the luck of the Irish I guess?
Yea, but Im tired of screwy gauges, and I think I may get the new quad box or a juice w/ atude...I got a buddy who can hook me up w/ all of it!

Nathaniel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts