The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one of these units on the main fuel system? Would be interested in the "how to's" of it.....

Thanks

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
ive never heard of it....

·
1,409 Posts
I've never dropped a whole roll of t/p into the toilet to see what would happen, but we did go through a whole box of tampons! Man, my mom was pissed!

·
dieselgeezer
18 Posts
I used to be a Frantz distributor back in the 70's. The filter used a full roll of toilet paper but it was for filtering the engine oil, not fuel. It was basically a bypass filter and it did a terrific job of keeping the oil clean but I never heard of it being used for diesel fuel. Does it say anything about how many microns the toilet paper was estimated to filter at. The stock filter I believe filters at about 8-12 microns.
I installed a Racor with a primer pump with a 2 micron cartridge and piped it as the main filter with the OEM filter as a pre-filter. It would be pointless to install a secondary filter with a lower micron rating than the stock filter.

·
dieselgeezer
18 Posts
Also, Frantz used to be a pyramid type of distributorship, much like Amsoil. I quit selling them because I didn't like the set up where the guys that got in earliest made more money just selling the product to installers who did all the work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts