The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mishimoto is looking to bring in a 2011+ Chevrolet/GMC w/ 6.6L Duramax next week for the entire week (10/14 - 10/18). This is the initial round of R&D, so the donor will be compensated when they bring their truck back for the second round of R&D.

Our headquarters are located in New Castle, Delaware. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested!

Thanks,
Tyler

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump it up! We are still looking for a truck!

Please email me if you are interested and available within the next couple of weeks.

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts
Hi Tyler; let me be the first to say I understand what you are trying to do but with newer pickup trucks of the years you are requesting for R&D commanding over 25K in resale value, I can readily see the hesitation of the membership from committing to the endeavor.

Is there not someone in your business employ that owns a truck such as your search requires? Few persons can actually afford to "play" with something second only in value to the residence they live in for experimental purposes. I know I never could, or my wife would take my nads and feed them to me. I have a couple patents of my own but I owned the equipment in which was being worked with and modified during the R&D phase.

Don't take me wrong as I wish you well in the journey and hope it reaps handsome rewards. However, if something were to go wrong, who assumes the responsibility for making it right? A $25K, (or better) inoperable truck does no one any good. In the scenario someone has a seemingly very real possibility of being unhappy with quite possibly many payments left yet to make. I think it would be difficult to get an insurance agency to assume liability for this experimentation.

I live life debt free and drive older vehicles as there is not a new one on the road worth $25K to me, but that's a personal decision. Dependable yes, paid for yes, financed, no.
A lot of this behavior is from not having any peers to satisfy, or impress.

Again nothing derogative meant, and meaning positive suggestions of which I hope you take it as meant.

Thanks for your support of the Diesel Garage.

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts
i am not getting what the issue in run here and want someone to throw light on .. by the way, i may get it well to post my suggestion, if any, too
An open mind to allow in a little fresh air may do you good to understand the subject matter; but then again, maybe not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts