The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2012 freight liner m2 chassis , with a Cummings Diesel engine. Today when I turned the key a code displayed "bh 33". The truck cranked fine, I drove it about 10 miles, shut it off. Turned the key back on and I got the same code, again it started fine. The truck went through its startup cycle, but then the code displayed. Any ideas?

·
849 Posts
Is there anything you seem to notice that is out of the ordinary while it is running?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I did however just solve a different problem (with the help of someone on this site), it was giving a different error code. Turned out it was from a cracked leg on a fuse. That problem is now fixed, and that error is gone. But now this one displays.

·
160 Posts
bh is a bulkhead module code,push the button that scrolls to your trip odometer until the led reads diag then push and hold that button and it should read fault and how many faults.push button again to read codes should read bh33 ,{push again] will give a two digit code,push again will give another two digit code.if you get me the codes i will try to look up tomorrow at work.if any more codes are present,repeat above process hope this helps Bob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, tried this and here's what I got. Got the diag to come up (had what appeared to be a 1 under it). . Pressed and held again, and "faultb" came up, the last character appeared to be a lowercase b , except it was open ended. Again it appeared to be a 1 under it. Pressed and held again and the diag camp up again. I repeated multiple times and it kept cycling between "diag" and "faultb". Turned the truck off, and tried again, I could not. Get back to the diag message. Tried with key on and off and with the engine running. Still get the bh33 message.

·
Registered
2 Posts
bh is a bulkhead module code,push the button that scrolls to your trip odometer until the led reads diag then push and hold that button and it should read fault and how many faults.push button again to read codes should read bh33 ,{push again] will give a two digit code,push again will give another two digit code.if you get me the codes i will try to look up tomorrow at work.if any more codes are present,repeat above process hope this helps Bob
Hello,
I have the same bh33 code and also with the dish button proceeded and found 6918 and 6920. Still connected with my diagnostic pad and it's telling me I'm missing a smart switch. Never ran into this before. Have you? I know this is an older thread and apologize for reviving it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I have the same bh33 code and also with the dish button proceeded and found 6918 and 6920. Still connected with my diagnostic pad and it's telling me I'm missing a smart switch. Never ran into this before. Have you? I know this is an older thread and apologize for reviving it.
diag button. not dish sorry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts