The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this truck about a month ago. This is my first truck with an electronic engine, cruise, air ride cab or any thing else nice. It's an 04 Freightliner classic with a C15, 10 speed:(, 3.78 rears on a 280" wheelbase. So far it's been doing me a good job, it just looks like a company truck.... I'll see what I can do about that.

·
282 Posts
Nice ride! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Made a little progress on my truck. Changed the visor, threw some pipes and a bumper I had laying around on and mounted a set of WTI fiberglass fenders.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just finished up Polishing my wheels. They were really bad. Had to sand them starting with 80 grit and finishing up with 400 then a polishing wheel.. :woohoo

Attachments

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got a pic of the whole rig clean.

Got my new shifter put in

Getting ready to change my tanks so I built a tank jack

·
381 Posts
What a difference a few days make! Looks like you did a fine job transforming the plain jane to an O.O. rig.:rock. Be careful about that fine line you walk. There's a lot of "people" that like cake.:haha:haha---Bob By the way, I like your avatar. I've got the the guys like that lined up with the caption Keep On Truckin' on the back glass of my crane truck.

·
14 Posts
I'm not generally a freightliner fan, but that is a nice looking truck, especially with the changes you've made. Keep it up.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you'd ask me I'd say I was a Peterbilt guy. But I keep ending up with these Freightliners and then they grow on me so I start fixin em up then pretty soon.... And I start getting compliments out in the road so I just keep em:)

I will say this. Freightliner's are easy to work on. Their design is simple and it works.

·
Old Fart
889 Posts
Long wheel base rides much better under load. Rides smoother and is easier to steer. The bad part is it is much harder to turn tight, like in town. Do you expect to be in town a lot or more out on the road?

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For me the wheelbase is just for the look. Mines only 280" so I don't have any trouble at all getting around.

Here's a few recent 'working' pics

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I recently bought my own trailer so here's a picture with it cleaned up and polished with my new (to me) wagon.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice! :smile2:

Thanks! Been a while since I updated here. A more recent pic with the old school exhaust, blind mount bumper, and Hogebuilt quarters...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts