The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine asked me the other day if I could find a clutch for him. He's got a 06 3500 4x4 with a bullydog triple dog i think. I'm pretty sure he's not gonna be doing any sled pulling or anything like that. Just needs a clutch that will hold the extra power but will still drive well for pulling trailers and such. I was thinking just go with a proven southbend but i'm not sure which one. And will going from the dmf mess to a solid flywheel make a noticeable difference in transmission noise at idle, i know mine is obnoxious at times.

·
1,409 Posts
Have your friend call southbend, they will help decide what you really need. And a solid flywheel shouldn't make any noise.

·
1,705 Posts
Dan/Sogrand can hook ya up I'm sure. My buddy John @ DynadroitDiesel also sells SBC. That's where I get mine and refer all the guys I know to.

IMO a dual disc Feramic is the way to go :deal: . The Ceramic in my 01 is tough but I need a tranny now and I think it may be partly because the ceramic is jumpy as **** and when launching 30,000lbs on a regular basis,that's not what ya need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts