The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I got my passengers axle seal leaking like crazy. Now Im not 100% sure but the seals have to be replaces by taking the front diff out and they come out from the inside right.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
hey mack you can try a bit of lackeur thiner in the front diff if the seals arent too thrashed it will swell the seal and stop the leak put a qt of lackuer thinere it wont hurt any thing run the front end with ur hubs locked for 2-3 miles then unlockem and in about a day it will swell the seals then you can drain off the L thiner or you can just change the gear oil its an lod trick but it works. the seals are 55 bucks a piece at ford the qt of l thiner is about 8 your call

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
camojeeper said:
hey mack you can try a bit of lackeur thiner in the front diff if the seals arent too thrashed it will swell the seal and stop the leak put a qt of lackuer thinere it wont hurt any thing run the front end with ur hubs locked for 2-3 miles then unlockem and in about a day it will swell the seals then you can drain off the L thiner or you can just change the gear oil its an lod trick but it works. the seals are 55 bucks a piece at ford the qt of l thiner is about 8 your call
Band-aid fix....

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Fast_Ashley said:
Band-aid fix....
yes it is because you cant always teardown you truck in the middle of winter i have used this fix many times. fixed an old jeep power steering leak this way and it has come back yet. and are you saying that you have never had to do a band aid fix?:shrug:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
camojeeper said:
yes it is because you cant always teardown you truck in the middle of winter i have used this fix many times. fixed an old jeep power steering leak this way and it has come back yet. and are you saying that you have never had to do a band aid fix?:shrug:
Yes, I have.
Just to my CJ-7 I used to have.
I fix my truck when it brakes, sometimes it may sit a little while. That's where my '96 7.3 comes in handy :deal:

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Fast_Ashley said:
Yes, I have.
Just to my CJ-7 I used to have.
I fix my truck when it brakes, sometimes it may sit a little while. That's where my '96 7.3 comes in handy :deal:
u got 2 of these things man u got it bad dont know what id do if i had to hot rod 2 of these things LOL
well here on my end its my only rig unless i go and get the jeep off the trailer but its got 5.38s and 404 cubic inches so its not so friendly at the pump if ya know what i mean

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya all I have it the PSD and a Honda shadow. So im guna wait till good weather in the spring and do the seals, injectors, and turbo at the same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts