The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, hope you can help me out. when i put on the brakes in my '96 it pulls to the left pretty hard, also if i let go of the steering wheel it veers to the left. i just replaced the stock auto hubs with warn manual units, turned the rotors, put on new pads and bled the brakes real good. what do you think is causing this? i would appreciate all the input i could get. thanks

·
191 Posts
I've always been told the flex lines can collapse on the inside. You can still bleed 'em fine, but when they're in place, the collapsed part prevents fluid return....causing your caliper to hang.

·
Grumpy Old Member
849 Posts
Did you check the slide pins. These are known to rust inside and stick. Pull the calipers off and remove the pins, make sure they move freely and are well lubricated. Car Quest has a new synthetic brake parts lube that I've recently been usung and it works great in these areas.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
:whs and replace the pins there real cheap. you may also have a caliper sticking while you have em off lube/replacing the pins just press em all the way back in and see if it helps. good luck

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
and on second thought check ur hubs also make sure the axle spins free in unlock maybe one hub is hangin up my moneys on ur brakes but u never know

·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm thinking my caliper is hanging up, i greased the slides, bled the brakes and everything looks good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts