The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 F250 7.3 PSD 4x4. I put new tires on around 3500 miles ago and my right front tire is wearing like mad. It is like new on the inside(close to engine) but almost bald on the outside. The left front tire is slightly angled, but nothing like the right side. I recently put an RCD leveling kit on. I also put on Dick Cepek 16x12 wheels with MT Baha radial ATZ 305/75/R16 tires. Is there anything that could cause this wear besides alignment issues? Since the toe is all that can be adjusted, would an "out of toe" spec cause this much angled wear? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
812 Posts
the only things i can think of would be to check your ball joints, tire pressure and shocks

·
Registered
624 Posts
the leveling kit through out your alignment(camber i think) and that is what is causing that, at least that is the only thing that i have ever seen do that. and the leveling kit can affect only one side, seen it before.

Scott

·
Registered
456 Posts
leveling kit will throw out camber on a straight axle set up. i may have toed you in a little but i would check your front end out balljoints and what not then look in to an alignment

·
461 Posts
you'd have to have pretty bad toe in to wear like that. Did you get an alignment after the leveling kit and new tires?

I'd say its EXTREMELY unlikely that your leveling kit threw your camber out that far. It may change with a lift, but probably in hundredths of a degree. You may have a bent inner c or axle tube, but I doubt it.

My money is on your toe, the balljoints or unit hub bearing. tire pressure...maybe. shocks? no.

good luck
Paul

·
Registered
624 Posts
:damnit sorry I was thinking OBS :pointlaugh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts