The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Diesel Maniac
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1993 f350 7.3 IDI 5spd std. 4dr long w/b dually steel flat bed.

I don't have a heavy bumper on front

Question, how do I fix my front tires more straight up and down
They are in some at top. There is some adjustment in spindles
But with the twin I beam I am not sure, I am used to A frame
Front ends. Would like to get as close to 0 as possible.

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts
O, and king pins r n great shape
Are you sure you have king pins? Pretty certain 93's had ball joints by then. If so, there are eccentric bushings available for the top ball joint. These can be rotated to offset both caster and camber. Also the axle inner pivot bushings are subject to wear. Best to remove axle from truck and press them out although it can be done on the truck.

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts
Nope twin I beams
Yes, you have upper and lower ball joints at the ends of the axle beams attaching the spindles.

From the sounds of it your inner pivot bushings are worn which is common. These are the point the axle pivots upon. I'd bet radius arm bushings could use attention also as they are a very high wear item.

·
Diesel Maniac
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see what u r saying, but also the heights of the body up or down controls wheel standing. It could be weak springs who knows. I'll let the wheel align tech tell me when I go,

Thanks

·
Diesel Maniac
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All front ends parts great shape. Align guy says it's normal. So we will c how my tires wear. With my new alcoa's 's sure steers great.. Gearing up for gar fishing on the trinity river north of lake Livingston. Trinity tx......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts