The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I installed the fs2500 about a month ago and it was an easy install but it took alot of time about 6 hours. Its not hard but you have to drill the frame and there are fuel lines in all the spots you can choose so u have to be very careful I used a piece of sheet metal taped to the backside of the frame as a stop for the drill bit so it didn't hit the lines. Also since its a universal kit I had to hide 4 feet of oil line since I got an extended cab short bed. I didn't follow the directions on where to mount the filter and how to run the lines I did it the way I thought was best. Also very important to Teflon tape all the connection even the ones they tell you not to tape I learned my lesson on the 6.0L you will get an oil leak and you will have to drain and redo not fun. I'm going to pull a oil sample at 3000 miles to see how its working.

here's the pics !!!

·
git-r-done
457 Posts
Looks great. Hope it provides better protection. Did yoy have good luck with it on the 6.0? Notice any advantages first hand?

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on the 6.0L I never did any oil testing but I plan on it with the 6.4L. I will tell you that the truck feels smoother. I would also suspect that the oil stay cooler due to the added distance it travels and area of the filter. I will post my oil sample results.

·
SeaPig
241 Posts
Good job Nick:bow:
Can't wait to call you so you can help me with mine:Thumbup:
~Mike~

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seapig said:
Good job Nick:bow:
Can't wait to call you so you can help me with mine:Thumbup:
~Mike~

mike, I thought you could use a little motivation to get yours on !! :evil: LOL :poke:

·
SeaPig
241 Posts
Oh you are bad:nunu: :nunu: :nunu:
Just waiting to put it in when I hit my 10,000 mile mark my friend.
I am looking forward to it.
You were not kidding were you. That is a LOT of extra line ya got there:sly:
~Mike~

·
Registered
16 Posts
:usflag :smoke

I just installed an FS-2500 on my PSD last week. The installation went well, about two hours. The hard part was drilling a hole in the frame without hitting anything important.

I researched all the bypass oil filters I could find and settled on the FS-2500 as it seemed to be the best out there. Granted, it is a bit pricey, about $550, with stainless hoses. I plan to drive my PSD as long as possible and believe this to be a small investment with hopefully a long term payoff.

What I don't like about this filter set-up is that the oil return goes back to the engine through a hose attached to a replacement oil drain plug causing the new drain plug, 90 degree elbow and hose to protrude down about 2 to 3 inches below the oil pan. This is terrible for off roading and even bad for city driving should you accidentally run over something in the street. I understand that they have an optional oil return available that I believe goes to the oil fill tube. I'm going to be installing that soon on my PSD.

The link below will let you see a demonstration of how effective it filters.
http://filtrationsolutionsww.com/fs-2500_video.htm

Good luck with it!

·
83 Posts
huston said:
:usflag :smoke

I just installed an FS-2500 on my PSD last week. The installation went well, about two hours. The hard part was drilling a hole in the frame without hitting anything important.

I researched all the bypass oil filters I could find and settled on the FS-2500 as it seemed to be the best out there. Granted, it is a bit pricey, about $550, with stainless hoses. I plan to drive my PSD as long as possible and believe this to be a small investment with hopefully a long term payoff.

What I don't like about this filter set-up is that the oil return goes back to the engine through a hose attached to a replacement oil drain plug causing the new drain plug, 90 degree elbow and hose to protrude down about 2 to 3 inches below the oil pan. This is terrible for off roading and even bad for city driving should you accidentally run over something in the street. I understand that they have an optional oil return available that I believe goes to the oil fill tube. I'm going to be installing that soon on my PSD.

The link below will let you see a demonstration of how effective it filters.
http://filtrationsolutionsww.com/fs-2500_video.htm

Good luck with it!
I have the FS 2500 installed on my '08 f-450.I used a amsoil return cap.I returns the oil at the oil fill cap.Why don't you just get one of those?

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Huston and 4613

the oil leaves the drain pain then goes into the fs2500 gets filtered then travels to the billet cap housing the factory oil filter where its filtered again then the cycle repeats. I think yall have it backwards ???

the amsoil fill cap would do nothing for you and couldn't be utilized with the fs2500.

·
990 Posts
couldn't you fab up a skid plate? where do you find the fs 2500... very interested guys thanks. and keep us posted thanks.

·
2,951 Posts
onebadf150 said:
Huston and 4613

the oil leaves the drain pain then goes into the fs2500 gets filtered then travels to the billet cap housing the factory oil filter where its filtered again then the cycle repeats. I think yall have it backwards ???

the amsoil fill cap would do nothing for you and couldn't be utilized with the fs2500.
You have that backwards!!! The flow is from the filter to the pan:Thumbup: If you look at your lines the one from the filter goes into the "IN" side of the fs2500 and the "OUT" goes to the pan.

Lonnie

·
Registered
133 Posts
onebadf150 said:
well I installed the fs2500 about a month ago and it was an easy install but it took alot of time about 6 hours. Its not hard but you have to drill the frame and there are fuel lines in all the spots you can choose so u have to be very careful I used a piece of sheet metal taped to the backside of the frame as a stop for the drill bit so it didn't hit the lines. Also since its a universal kit I had to hide 4 feet of oil line since I got an extended cab short bed. I didn't follow the directions on where to mount the filter and how to run the lines I did it the way I thought was best. Also very important to Teflon tape all the connection even the ones they tell you not to tape I learned my lesson on the 6.0L you will get an oil leak and you will have to drain and redo not fun. I'm going to pull a oil sample at 3000 miles to see how its working....
]
That's impressive...nice job! I'm not so brave (yet).

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
07six-o said:
You have that backwards!!! The flow is from the filter to the pan:Thumbup: If you look at your lines the one from the filter goes into the "IN" side of the fs2500 and the "OUT" goes to the pan.

Lonnie

you're right I was confused had to look at the instructions again a verifed it on the truck I was having a brain fart !! :Thumbup:

then yes the amsoil billet return would work.

·
SeaPig
241 Posts
Hey Nick. That might also help with all of the extra line you were talking about.
I am going to have the same problem when I do mine.:sly:
~Mike~

F

·
0 Posts
Looks good! I like my FS2500, I have not had any oil tests done. I figured it sure can't hurt!

·
2,126 Posts
For offroading that looks very scary, sticks/brush with all those lines, etc. Just my .02

1 - 20 of 20 Posts