The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 6.4 I ran the ford cetane booster and was wondering if it would be a good thing to run in my new 6.7? Any advice would be great! Thanks.

·
1,324 Posts

·
26 Posts
Thartman, diesel fuel is junk in many parts of the country. How Ford can sell a diesel that needs 50 cetane to run efficiently when the best you can get out of a pump is 40, is beyond me. When you hit one of those premium diesel pumps it will make a believer out of you with regard to the booster. Way better mileage, primarily due to less frequently regens. The premium fuel does not have the lubicocity that the certain booster has. So yes, use it every tank. Do the math, what is it adding to the price of diesel - 6 cents a gallon?

In my 6.4 I ran the ford cetane booster and was wondering if it would be a good thing to run in my new 6.7? Any advice would be great! Thanks.

·
33 Posts
I've used the Ford cetane booster from the very start in my truck and intend to continue. I think the extra lubricity is very important for the high pressure pump.

·
187 Posts
I have always used powerservice booster / lub in my 97 and in my 2012.meets ford spec's

·
60 Posts
I also ran Ford Cetane Booster in my 08 6.4. Ran much smoother. However, since I did not notice any economy bump, I did not continue with it in when I bought my 12 6.7.

I tried Diesel Kleen and actually noticed a 1/2MPG DECREASE overall over 6 fill ups. however the motor did run a tab bit smoother. Could the decrease be from more aggressive driving? I don't think so, but maybe.

I am now working on my 4th fillup using Fuel Bomb and have noticed 0, 1/4 and 1/2 MPG increases in my last three tanks. And the motor runs a tad bit smoother as well.

I drive all over multiple counties, however, most of it is in traffic and suburbian roads and I do the same things every day so driving habit changes are generally minimal.

·
3,533 Posts
Cetane booster, it actually advances the initial ignition of the fuel.
If you need to always add this aditive, and Ford recomends it.
Why would Ford build an engine that does not run properly on the fuel available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts