The Diesel Garage banner

321 - 327 of 327 Posts

·
195 Posts
Anybody torn an injector apart for the 6.0 that uses 2 cycle? They can post all they want about the lube and solvents, but the 6.0 injector is a complete different animal than any of the diesels tested.

·
38 Posts
i got some mercury premium outboard 2-cycle oil. i reads on the back that it contains ashless dispersants. so it should be okay to use in a 04 f250?

·
3,051 Posts
i got some mercury premium outboard 2-cycle oil. i reads on the back that it contains ashless dispersants. so it should be okay to use in a 04 f250?
You can use any type of 2cycle in the fuel of your 04' Powerstroke, but the prefered type is the ashless kind, it will usually say TCW3 ashless 2cycle oil on the bottle. 1oz per gallon is what most folks run, but 1/2 oz per gal is ok also. I ran 2cycle for years at 1oz per gal, but now use Archoil AR6200.

Harry

·
38 Posts
harry6.0 i am also using the Archoil AR6200. but i have several galons of 2-cycle oil. the oil is from 1992 when i had a boat in miami. it reads tcw3 on the front of the bottle, but has the statment of "contains ashless dispersants" on back of the bottle. I also have some 1990 havoline tcw3 oil, it reads ashless on the bottle. will it do any good if i mix the 2-cycle along with the Archoil AR6200.

·
3,051 Posts
harry6.0 i am also using the Archoil AR6200. but i have several galons of 2-cycle oil. the oil is from 1992 when i had a boat in miami. it reads tcw3 on the front of the bottle, but has the statment of "contains ashless dispersants" on back of the bottle. I also have some 1990 havoline tcw3 oil, it reads ashless on the bottle. will it do any good if i mix the 2-cycle along with the Archoil AR6200.
All the oils you mentioned are fine to run, as they are all TCW3 rated ashless oils. You can run both products together, in fact AR6200 can be used with 2cycle oils. As far as it doing any good, yes it will definitely enhance the lubricity factors of the fuel even further than just AR6200 alone. If you run them together, let us know your results.

Harry

·
38 Posts
All the oils you mentioned are fine to run, as they are all TCW3 rated ashless oils. You can run both products together, in fact AR6200 can be used with 2cycle oils. As far as it doing any good, yes it will definitely enhance the lubricity factors of the fuel even further than just AR6200 alone. If you run them together, let us know your results.

Harry
i should have the new egr cooler and oil cooler in by this weekend. found out when i had everything apart my fan bearing is going south. the fan was making a loud sound on startup and it is very hard to turn the fan by hand. so i got to get a new one this week. also i am putting in a new water pump for just in case. should have all done by friday. i will then run some 2-cycle oil with the ar6200 this weekend to see how things run.

·
38 Posts
over the past several months i ran the 2 cycle oil along with the ar 6200. i could not tell any different with the 2 cycle oil combine with ar 6200 vr running ar 62 along. more info coming when i get in from work.

321 - 327 of 327 Posts