The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Levi
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 2 weeks ago my fuel filter light would start to come on then go off figured it was nothing because i just changed it like 4 weeks ago... well today i was going down the highway goin about 75 80 and the light came on and then after drivin it for about 2 hours it would start to run like crap and drop down to 70 and then it would let up and go back up to 75 80 and i didnt move my foot on the pedal once.. so i went to auto zone got another filter put it on drove it got up to about 65 and fuel filter light cam back on slowed back down to 55 and it went off but it ran fine.. idk what the deal is anyone have any ideas? sorry for this being so long.

·
Levi
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i drained it today and i didnt know you could clean it...o i put some sea foam in the tank but i drove it around town for about an hour and it seems like everytime i get on it and get up to 50 the light turns on and then i slow back down a it turns off.. it ran fine far as i know im just gettin tired of this old truck if i didnt have bad luck i wouldnt have any luck at all

·
204 Posts
you didnt happen to start running biodiesel lately have ya?

or get fuel from someones transfer tank that might have been full of crap?

·
Levi
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no ive just been filling up where i normaly do and ive never ran biodiesel

·
204 Posts
the reason i asked is... biodiesel cleans out all your lines and tank and makes your fuel filters clog up a lot at first untill everything is cleaned out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts