The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok- I am changing my fuel filter - I read all the instructions and it is spewing fuel from the filter what have I done wrong. please help need to get my truck running asap

·
Ford the best never rest!
146 Posts
it happend to me to!

·
2,509 Posts
you could have overtightend it and cracked the lid but I bet you didn't get the o-ring in right or somethig. pull it off and check it all out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went back down stairs took it all apart again and now it is not spewing it is leaking down on the ground. i am not sure what the heck it happening. I am not sure what to do- anymore suggestions

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe i did. Now tell if I am wrong the o-ring goes around the filter and the beveled gasket sits on the top of the housing?

·
2,509 Posts
that should be it, if your working on a superduty truck. OBS trucks only have one. but the small oring goes arount the outside of the filter and the beval seal gose ontop the filterbase. there may be something wrong with your lid I would try another filter and lid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks everybody- I believe it was the lid - I had to put the old one back on and it works just fine. I will just have to go out and get a new lid. I guess I did it right and there was just a bad lid- not to bad for being a girl huh
Thanks

·
2,509 Posts
:poke: a girl that's willing to chang her own fuel filter, My kind of womanLOL
glad you got it figured out:Thumbup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks- I like to work on my truck when I can. Cause it is too expensive to have a silly fuel filter changed at a shop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts