The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just purchased 02 7.3 wanting to do some routine maintenence myself how hard is it to change the fuel filter and is there a way to prime these trucks like a bubble or something? new to diesels thanks in advance

·
812 Posts
its supper easy to change just take off the cap put the new one in and put the cap back on. then just start it up i dont think there is any way to prine them

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks that seems easy enough could a dirty one result in poor mileage???

·
shes smart!
161 Posts
you dont have to prime them just the old out and new in, and yes it will hurt your mileage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey speaking about filters... have any of you ever bought anything from this site or really know anything about their special f.filters? here is the link..

http://www.oilguard.com/Ford7.php

let me know

·
shes smart!
161 Posts
JCoonts84 said:
hey speaking about filters... have any of you ever bought anything from this site or really know anything about their special f.filters? here is the link..

http://www.oilguard.com/Ford7.php

let me know
I havent ever bought from there but there prices are way high, The fuel filters are only 20 bucks a piece at the parts store and there 3 pack is 101???

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
vanoppen4x4 said:
I havent ever bought from there but there prices are way high, The fuel filters are only 20 bucks a piece at the parts store and there 3 pack is 101???
:agreed:

·
Registered
422 Posts
vanoppen4x4 said:
I pay $18 bucks for a Baldwin, $101 for 3 is high!

·
Registered
30 Posts
yeah that is what i was thinking. thanks for the input!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts