The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel in oil??? I just got back my AmisOil test back after 6000 mi on the new oil. It showed that it needed to be changed because of exsesive diesel fuel. They recomended to check injecters. Any one have any suggestions. Im pretty handy with the tools is this something i can check on my own ??
Thanks for any advice, Mike

·
3,939 Posts
Injectors. Covered on 2001-2004 LB7s for 7 years/200,000 miles. Hopefully you're still covered. Its not a good idea to keep driving the vehicle in this condiion. Please get it into your dealer to get the injectors changed out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a 2001 gmc. So i would just call up the dealer tell them i have lots of fuel in the oil. And they should take care of it, no ?? asked ??? seems to easy.
Thanks for the quick answers and advice.

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
Take it in and have them check it but dont change your oil if you are going to take it in ... They need to see the oil. Take it to the dealer before your warrenty is up I also have a 2001 and my injector warrenty ends 1-10-2008 which is in 3 weeks so get it in !!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
If it's a lot of fuel in pan.....HAVE IT TOWED, don't drive it. Oil in pan is not a good thing.....yes it is related to injector failure. Better also have them check cooling system as well. Not just the rad , but internal, where the oil cooler runs thru block

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. Injectors leaking. 2002 LB7. 187000 miles. Totally repaired under full warranty. GM had extended the warranty to 200,000 in Oct 2006.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts