The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started My 7.3 powerstroke this morning, It got down to 15 degrees last night.
It began to drip to a steady stream of fuel under the engine and transmission
until I shut it down and restarted it. Then it was much slower and then it stopped. The leak is now happening at random and the hissing noise is off and on inside the truck.

Can anyone help me find a remedy and solve this problem?

Thanks

Roosevelt Brooks

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
The hissing noise you hear is the exhaust backpressure valve...EBPV...closing. The valve will close in cold weather to keep exhaust gasses inside the motor for a faster warm-up. Dont worry, in cold weather, it is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

As for the fuel leak.......that could be a number of problems. I have dealt with the lines under the fuel bowl cracking, and have had some o-rings go out. Take the pretty decorative cover off the top of the motor so you can see whats going on. Feel around and look with a light for the leak. Thats about the best I can do for ya on that one.

Oh yeah....WELCOME!!!!!

kevin

·
4,024 Posts
OBS or SD?

The fuel bowl drain o rings have been leaking pretty regular with the LSD. If it's an OBS truck check out the filter housing, fuel pump, and rubber hoses going to the fuel pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts