The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are these things absolutely nessisary or can i get away with not using them? im sick and tired of all the fuel leaks ive had/have to deal with on my truck so i am going to redo everything under the hood with AN fittings and push lock hose but before i order anything i need to know if i can take out the check valves.

·
1,726 Posts
Yes, they can be removed. If you are going to be doing fuel system stuff anyway I would suggest doing a regulated return system with an aftermaket regulator. ITP sells a good kit or you can piece it together yourself. If you are going to go the DIY route check out the fuel system pics in the link in my sig. Also look through the thread Homemade OBS Fuel System. Some of it deals with the older trucks specifically but there is a lot of it that you can use.

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok great, they look really restrictive otherwise i could care less the ID of them is like 1/8 inch! my idea was to keep the stock fuel filter housing, use the front ports on each head to supply the fuel and then the rear ports at the returns into a Y block and then an adjustable fuel pressure regulater, then a line down to the frame rail, cut the stock return line, put a fitting on it, flare it and then buy an adapter. im going to use all push lock hose, stuff is really nice. this project is going to set me back a little bit with the cost but u have no idea how many of those stupid little black o ring seals have gone on me and caused drips and messes, ive had it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts