The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad has a 01 cummins turbo diesel exten. cab long bed. its got 104,000 on it hes got stage 2 injectors,bigger injector lines,600 and some horsepower pump also has a BD power plug and play chip and i was wonderin how much fuel milage he is gettin? when you drive out the road it just doesnt feel like it has power it feels like the stock injection had more power and which the pump is also drinks alot too so far i know the timmin is still stock but does anyone have a idea what the timmin shud be on? just holler back

·
Hot Rod Farm Boy
1,226 Posts
With a Hot Rod VP44 he took it way down. I've heard that if you run the Hot Rod pump with too small injectors you feel a loss in power, same with the oversize injector lines. The chip would add timing, but with everything you mentioned he's not getting that great of mileage. You will just have to find out for yourself. Timing on a VP44 is adjusted by the computer anywhere from 0 to 30.

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it aint a hott rod pump its a re-man pump and he got it from the diesel store out west and i forgot he also has a fass system at 150 and also would you say to turn up the fuel and sees what happens?

·
Hot Rod Farm Boy
1,226 Posts
I was just wonderin where the "600 and some horsepower pump" came in at. Generally the more fuel you put in the less mileage you get out.

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya well dad told me i was just sayin what he said soo bascally if you did get bigger lines and injector yourll have to get a bigger pump right? to get decend milage and power?

·
Hot Rod Farm Boy
1,226 Posts
If I were upgrading as far as fuel, I would go chip, injectors, lift pump, injection pump, injector lines. Lines really don't make that big of difference without a monster pump. You will starve a monster pump without a lift pump. Injectors on their own won't help, because the ECM isn't programmed to deliver more fuel without a chip. If I was going for mileage, I would put on a higher pressure lift pump and a chip, that's it and keep my foot out of it. Keep your EGT's under 600 and boost under 5 psi with 3.55 diffs you will see 20 or more mpg. If you add power you will take away mileage, there's no ifs ands or buts about it.

·
1,189 Posts
you will still see power gain from bigger injectors without a programmer. What chip is he running? Who's injectors? Who did the pump?

·
Hot Rod Farm Boy
1,226 Posts
The more specific you can be the more help we can be.

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the pump it came out west its a manractuor pump bc the pump is black is and the chip is a BD power plug and play and the injectors are stage 2 from BD and there wasnt no bigger lines they are stock lines

·
1,189 Posts
I don't see any bd plug and plays for the 2nd gens so is it an edge with bd stickers on it?

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ill look for it tonight and see but im sure its the plug and play

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no its a bd alright bc theres no adjustments or anythang you plug and go! but i dont know what to think or do

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what would yall think the timmin would be if stage 2 injectors and a chip plug and play and a bigger pump it aint a hot rod pump

1 - 13 of 13 Posts